Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi--I live in southeastern Somerset county and I need a babysitter to watch my 8 year old son 2-3 days a week for the summer. Preferably the babysitter will have children of her own to bring to play with him. We have a pool, playground, tennis courts for them to enjoy. Know anyone?

·
Premium Member
4,834 Posts
If you get truly stuck, call Catholic Charities and ask for referrals for in-home providers on their list. You don't have to receive help from them to get the referrals to the providers. It's the only place I can think of if you get really stuck!<br><br>
And I'm not sure what town you're in (southeast... Hillsboro?) and even so, not sure how open you are to it, but perhaps your town offers camp through the recreation dept.? I'm in North Plainfield and for $10 (total) I can send the kids (from about 5 or 6yo I think) to camp from 9am-noon, and then again from 1-3pm. They can attend every day, intermittently, half days some days, full others.<br><br>
We had foster daughters here last summer (8 & 11yo) and this worked REALLY well for all of us. And it was well supervised with actual activities vs. just hanging out.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I found a nanny job pre-kids via a website. Something aupair.com? Search around. You fill out a whole profile and search for similar people.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for responding. Catholic Charities sounds like a pretty good idea. I don't know about an au pair. Aren't those European girls who need you to provide them with room and board?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts