Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All. I spent years bodybuilding and have been lifting hard and regularly through my last pregnancy and since baby. From a non-nursing standpoint, I spent much time in the supplement industry and feel very knowledgable about them.

So my question....what is safe while nursing a 13 month old? I'm mainly wondering about very basic things, like creatine. I spent much time studying creatine in general, along with my sports med Dr dear friend. One thing that we find no info on is breastfeeding. Creatine is now used in elderly to help with some heart issues as well as many other things. It is found in meat. It isn't a terribly complicated supplement.

I just am not sure about the safetly to baby. My DD nurses about 3x daily, and not much each time. Every Dr I talk says....I doubt it will do anything to baby, perfectly safe in general, but just no studies done.....everything I read says the same.

Anyone have wisdom at what age of my DD I can start incorporating some things again?

·
Registered
10,473 Posts
Oh, tough call!

I think individual supps that are already found in nature (like the creatine) would be fine.

I wanted to take Hot Rox after my youngest was born (13 mos now) but I just can't be sure that ALL the ingredients are ok in there, so I wait and just get exercise and try to eat healthful foods.

I would be more cautious of the combination supplements or things like Hot Rox, which speeds up the metabolism. I don't want to mess w/ the baby's metabolism. Just mine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.