Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>OK ladies, since i have been pregnant, my CF has been much increased the entire time.  Like, the fertile cervical fluid, you know?  It has been inconvenient but my midwife says, totally normal.  </p>
<p> </p>
<p>But now, in my 30th week, it has gotten to the point of ridiculous.  It is runny and milky.  When I wake up in the morning it pours down my legs.  (A few tablespoons, I guess from storing up from lying down all night?).  A few times a day I feel like I pee my pants a little bit (a few tsps of liquid, but it is clearly cervical fluid, not pee).  If I don't wear thick cotton absorbent underwear, it goes from being fairly uncomfortable to straight up gross.  Like, it soaks through my actual pants sometimes, which is embarassing. I am going to bust out my cloth menstrual pads to stop the madness.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am not really worried, I check with my midwife every time and she says normal, normal, normal but man, it is my least favorite part of pregnancy so far.  I keep joking with my husband that I am "not on good terms with my vagina right now".</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Anyone else experiencing anything remotely similar?</p>

·
Registered
408 Posts
<p>Yep. Sounds familiar. It also doesn't help that my pregnancy nose cannot stand the normal smell of my CM. But, like you said, the increase is normal, and according to my DH the smell hasn't changed. </p>

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<p>oh thank goodness I have not noticed a smell, that would *really* bother me!  (though in general with my period etc. I find using cotton reusable pads and no tampons or disposable menstual pads really helps with the smell).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I guess I should be greatful I still smell the same down there :)</p>

·
Registered
33 Posts
<p>Mine has had this "sweet" aroma to it that I didn't experience with my first pregnancy.  Must be different hormones?  I don't like the smell, and it is noticeable to me.  Seems like I change my underwear mid-day now, sometimes with a little farmer's bath as well.  DH isn't bothered by it, so it's just me.  Midwives continue to say it is normal, just watch for changes.  </p>

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<p>me too!!!  My mom was helping with laundry the other day and she was like, how long since you've done laundry there are a million pairs of underwear in here!!!   I said, I wear like 3 pairs a day lately!</p>

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<p>I've gained 20 pounds so far (I am almost 31 weeks) and the last 5 weeks my weight gain has plateau-ed (sp?).  I am sure I will still gain more, of course, but I think I might actually be on target for the "recommended" (!!!!) 25-30 pounds.  </p>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts