Mothering Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Why is my cervical fluid MIA when I need it? Is it true that you have to have sex when there's egg-white cervical fluid in order to conceive? I do not get this egg-white fluid every cycle--especially since my MC a few months ago. We're coming up on a year of TTC so I'm losing time and hope.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Can we conceive without it? Is there anything I can do to increase this fluid in my body? Any home remedies??? Also, we sometimes use Preseed. Can this act in place of the EWCF (to actually carry sperm?) since it is PH balanced for the vagina?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks mamas!</p>

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
<p>some women never have ewcm and conceive easily!  some women have it and just dont find it- do you check waaaay up at your cervix, you can squeeze it a lil, swirl around it, sometimes it's hiding, but it's where it needs to be.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>otherwise, re: preseed, i personally like it.  it's not a substitute because it's not up in your cervix, but it can help, i think, because a dry vag is not a good environment for sperm.  it's also a great lube!  everybody who tries it like it, but less is more.  i think it's better to have some friendly pH moisture in there myself.  have you tried other tips to increase cm?  drink lots of water, green tea, lemonade and cranberry juice, grapefruit juice, eat baby carrots, there are lots of other tips i cant think of off the top of my head because i havent used them in a while, but if you need suggestions, the ladies here will know.  some use epo, i never have.</p>

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I know you can get pg without it, I have it and still no bfp for me. Though this cycle I had a cold so I was taking mucinex for about a week and my ewcm was plentiful to say the least. I have heard green tea and epo, but never needed help ing that area, but I'll say the mucinex was pretty cool! (oce I was feeling better of course)

·
Registered
108 Posts
<p>Hi I definately second lots of fluids, I actually would stay away from cranberry juice though it is known to lower ph.  I learned alot of stuff from the ingender forums about vaginal ph because we are trying to sway for a girl.  Low ph favors girls (less EWCM), high ph favors boys (more EWCM).  The foods you eat change the ph of your body.  Lots of women get pregnant without noticeable EWCM, some women only have creamy mucous around O. </p>
<p>So lots of baby carrots, fluids.  Also drinking Apple Cider Vinegar in water will give you more EWCM, it takes some getting used to but it makes you super alkaline, it gave me tons of EWCM before, just 2 TBS in a cup of water 3 times a day.</p>
<p>You can also use eggwhites as a lube.</p>
<p>hope this helps</p>

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I liked preseed, we used it the last cycle before we conceived. I don't typically have a lot of EWCM (I can find it up at my cervix but that's about it) so I was also taking Evening Primrose Oil pills until ovulation to increase my CM. I did not find that drinking cranberry juice increased my CM at all.<br><br>
Lots of fluids is definitely key - drink as much water as you can hold around ovulation, then drink a bit more! It also can help your DH if he has low volume of fluid in his ejaculate.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
<p>Well first of all. Just becuase you dont' see it doesn't mean it's not always there. Know what I mean? Sometimes there's just not enough to make it's way out. (Or do you check internally?) Either way, so long as there ewcm in your cervix and not creamy stuff, most sperm should make it through.</p>
<p>Preseed works well. I've heard tons of success stories. But I personally like green tea or robitussin (plain guafesanin or whatever it's called.) works great.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My worry would be that if you used to get it and now sometimes you dont... are you sure you're ovulating every month?</p>

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<p>THANKS EVERYONE for the suggestions on the EWCM! I will try several next cycle!</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>bcblondie,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have that EXACT same worry. I really don't think I've ovulated since my MC three cycles ago. but since i just began charting on this cycle, i can't be sure. i used to be able to time everything by my cycle, but not since my MC. i am worried that my body is all messed up and we're just losing all this time. is there anything i can do (home remedies) to get my body to ovulate? i know that may be a silly quesiton, but the reason i'm here is because i need help!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>i did have two courses of a homeopathic remedy--the first to begin my MC (it wouldn't start naturally and i was against D&C) and the second to control the bleeding (my MC was SUPER heav once it began). My homeopath told me the remedy was also good for getting my body back on track. i really trust my homeopath but i just don't think my body is on the same page.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>any tips for getting my O back?</p>

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
<p>That's exactly what happened to me after my first m/c. I o'd the first cycle and then none of the following ones. I tried Vitex for 2 cycles (a herb you can get at GNC, worth a shot) and I didn't O those cycles but I did the following one. Which I think was a delayed result of the vitex. But clearly needed something stronger so the doc put me on clomid which gave me my son.</p>
<p>Feel free to post your chart! I'll stalk it for you. lol.</p>
<p>I did an "all natural" way to encourage my my miscarriage after the baby passed as well. Vit C and parsley. Dunno if that's homeopathic. But I love anything that's not surgery or misoprostol. lol.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>But honestly, clomid is pretty mild. All it does is make your body think it's producing less of certain hormones than it is, so it makes more. It works for me. And no side effects. :) So if it comes to that, don't be afraid of it.</p>

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
<p>Make sure to stay hydrated, and get a good dose of omega 3's daily.  Evening primrose oil can help with regulating female hormones.  I prefer to take cod liver oil because I naturally am deficient in vitamin D.  Some women swear by using Mucinex while they're ovulating.  I tried it this cycle, but still have another week before I can test.</p>

·
Registered
108 Posts
<p>Soy Isoflavones is a natural clomid.  You can get it at Walmart and other Drug stores in the supplements section.  Start out with 80mg once a day, days 5-9 of your cycle.  I was able to conceive my second son with it as I have PCOS and was not ovulating.  Good luck!</p>

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
<p>I personally am hesitant about soy isoflavones. (And soy products in general) It doesn't quite work the same as clomid. It's just extra estrogen. Extra estrogen doesn't guarantee you will O. Clomid pretty much does, unless you have depleted ovarian reserve. I've seen as many people get more messed up by soy as it helped.</p>

·
Registered
383 Posts
<p>Preseed says it's a good substitute. Can't vouch for how well it works personally. It took me a few months to get my EWCM. The month we conceived I thought we were getting there but still not quite where it should have been. Boy, was I wrong. ;)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>In short, it's best if you have it, but I've heard you don't need it. I had it in lesser amounts (not copious like you read it should be, but it was stretchy a bit and all) and it still did the trick. Also, if you deposit the sperm nearer to the cervix, you get a better chance of them doing their job as there's less of a journey for them to go through the mucous - no matter the quality.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Good luck to you!</p>

1 - 12 of 12 Posts