Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm CTA. It's not exactly a good time right now to conceive. We used condoms on the iffy days, but now I'm paranoid (stupid reasons really, except this one development). On Friday, 10dpo, I checked my cervix. It was med height, med softness and closed. Not normal for me that close to AF, but I chalked it up to my cervix being wonky (it occasionally does weird stuff, but usually before O or shortly after). Yesterday morning I checked it - a tad higher and softer, but still worth noting as medium. Last night, a bit higher and softer, barely bordering medium-high and medium-to-soft. This morning, 12dpo, it's high and soft. Still closed. I looked back at my charts and this is soooo not normal. I also had some possible spotting on 7dpo (very light, and I didn't think much of it). My bowel movements have also been much firmer lately (I usually have kinda loose bowels, haven't really had firm ones since I went vegetarian, unless I'm constipated or have been eating total crap). I know constipation is a sign of early pregnancy, and by comparison this could be considered constipation for me.<br><br>
I know, I know, only a BFP or AF will tell me for sure, but please humor me for now? Did you experience this cervical change in early pregnancy? I have two ICs laying around and am waiting to use the first one until tomorrow morning.

·
Premium Member
14,501 Posts
Cervical changes in pregnancy generally do not happen until after AF is missed.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, AF showed up today, two days early! Which I find hilarious seeing as a couple cycles ago I was asking about ways to move AF back to Monday. Looks like she decided to do it on her own!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts