Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know "how" the cervix moves in late 3rd trim when getting ready to birth? I'm 38 weeks, can no longer find mine. I'm sure I didn't lend it to anybody, lol, but can no longer reach it. Last time I knew where it was, it was 2 weeks ago (or so) more or less back wall, fairly hard, and the hard "neck" bit was about as long as my middle finger is thick at the tip.<br><br>
I'm just curious about what's going on, although not curious enough to have the MW check and assign numbers to it (hate numbers!). The baby is definitely dropped & engaged (can't cross my legs, pubic bone aching like a... ok supply your own simile here).<br><br>
Happy Wednesday!<br>
Robin

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Is it waaaaaaaaaay posterior, behind baby's head, which you say is low and engaged?<br><br>
I found it freakishly difficult to reach my cvx towards the end of pg, because it was super extra hard to reach because of baby's head.

·
Registered
966 Posts
At the approach of labor the cervix moves from a posterior position to and anterior cantral positon so it aligns dierectly with the vaginal opening to facilitate birth - also - with my cervix it dropped into the vaginal canal 48 hours prior to membranes rupturing (I only knwo this becuase DH said he couldn't fit anymore) but cervical position for labor is central.

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
Translation just in case it's needed: it moves so that it's pointing forward/lined up with the vagina for delivery. If it's still anterior (pointing back as it sounds like yours was 2 weeks ago) and the baby's head is engaged, it can be hard to find because the baby's head is in the way.<br><br>
It also gets softer and thinner as time for labor approaches, so it'll feel different.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts