Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2,738 Posts
{{{{melixxa}}}}
I think all of us c/s mammas feel a tad of what you are saying!
I know I do and mine was 3 years ago and it was a matter of life
and death for my ds! That is why this Birth and Beyond forum was
created.....to offer support for moms that have birth and 'after'
birth related issues. No matter how much later the issues exist.
I think the "defeated" feel of having surgical births if perfectly
normal and difficult to understand for those moms that don't
have experience with it. Pregnancy and birth come so easy for some
and so hard for others...and it's hard to relate to the one that
doesn't correspond to you. KWIM?

I think Mothering and the community does a great job by
supporting all types of birthing/feeding and diapering etc. That's what
is so great about MDC and why we are all here and growing in
members. I think we will all benifit by having this forum and thread
so we can support each other with the different feelings we have.

· Registered
2,738 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ladylee

Can we open up a dialogue about where to house this thread? My personal feeling is that I do not want to be here in the Birth forum after all-for various reasons, and would prefer to be back in finding your tribe. I'd like to hear what others feel and see if anyone else would be interested in doing this, or if it matters to you at all.

With all due respect, can I ask why you are feeling this way? Isn't this a main
reason we opened this forum?
Do you mind explaining your feelings a little more

· Registered
2,738 Posts
Quote:
Even in the former I'm Pregnant forum setup a message would come up saying "cesarean births by necessity" when your cursor landed there. Unless something is wrong with my cursor, I see no such message on the Birth and Beyond forum. I'll go check that now, though.

ladylee~None of the forums do that anymore! Cynthia had to remove that function in order to get the subforums to show up under their heading titles. Some quirk in VBulletin i think.

and thanks for the clarifying

· Registered
2,738 Posts
I'm not pg....but I share the same thoughts! I'm not planning on
anymore children for various reasons. ONe of them being that I
don't think I can emotionally manage another c/b. My c/b was a
classical cut so VBAC is not really an option.
Detatched if a very good term for what I would feel too!

How can we help it though?

· Registered
2,738 Posts
{{{{Treelove....a wonderful mamma}}}}}}

babydoll~I don't think cynthia was trying to lump cbirth mammas with
ff and disposable diapers. I just think she was trying to give examples of all the forums ppl request and how it is not feasible to have a seperate forum for all. So the best thing for this situation was to have a Birth Forum (and beyond) that can encompass many, many birth issues and questions.
Please don't feel you don't have equal representation. I think this thread is fantastic and I already feel more powerful about my c/b story!

· Registered
2,738 Posts
Quote:

I would have to say it's not possible to feel we're equally represented. It feels like we're given space as an offshoot. It's great to have the forum as a place for the many issues to be discussed, and I know Cynthia is taking our concerns into consideration, but what those of us who object object to (terrible phrasing, lol) is that those many birth issues that pertain to VBACs, Birth Stories, and Homebirth are given mention in the forum title. There's no mention of cesarean by necessity (as there was with the old system) and that's not equal representation. And as others have said, we are a large, active group here at MDC.
Don't get me wrong.....I completely understand your viewpoint and not trying
to do any disagreeing (I know you're not either).....I'm just chatting!

The forum title which encompasses VBAC, hb and bstories, that you see on the main index page isn't actually the
'title'. Those are the subforums w/in the Birth and Beyond forum. To put C/B by neccesity in the 'title' would mean that it would be a subforum as well.
And since it's not an independent subforum....it's not on the index page.

I do know that cynthia is taking it all into consideration and doing some thinking. I agree that putting c/b somewhere would steer members in the right direction that are looking for support. Hopefully something can be worked out that will please all.

· Registered
2,738 Posts
It was medicaly necessary for me to c/s at 36 weeks due to my extreme placenta previa. The docs 'swore' ds would be 'ready' by that time and all would be fine. Turns out his lungs weren't developed and he had to spend 7 days in NICU

In hyndsight.....I should have insisted I be hospitalized so just in case I
went into labor I would be there and be in surgery within minutes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.