Jess7396... (you asked
This is what my husband wrote into work...
Its a long story so Ill try to bullet point it.
1. On Thursday evening my wife was checked into ***** Hospital because of episodes of sever pain in her uterus and a 103 fever(she rated it higher than birth pain)
2. I spent Thursday night with the baby sleeping in the hospital next to her.
3. 3:30 am (Thursday night/Friday morning) Holly has the worst episode ever. I don't sleep any more that night
4. Friday morning I hand carried her MRI to another concoctor in Modestoto look at to see if he could figure more out.
He came to the same conclusion that our doctor did. There is 'schmutz' in there. Stuff in the uterus that has to come out.
5. The plan was to do another DNC or DNE and remove the stuff around Tuesday after a few days of antibiotics.
6. Friday night she spiked a fever again.
7. Saturday 10 am they did the DNC. The doctor also did a Hysteroscopi(he stuck a camera in and took pictures)
8. 11 am the Result: There is something big 3" or so still in there. Plan: After a month or less we will do a c-section type operation to look at it and possibly remove it.
9. 11:30 am Holly's blood pressure is deathly low. They cant give her nearly enough pain medication because of this.
10. 2 pm Her blood pressure is up to 90/40. So she is stable but still in lots of pain.
11. 5 pm Her blood pressure is dropping again. They give her 1 unit of blood but its slow. More pain.
12. 6 pm Doctor rates her condition as 'Crappy'. Her lips are almost transparent. Still incredible pain.
13. 7 pm Doctor says we are going to do the c-section surgery with in the hour. I have to sign a paper that says 'Possible Hysterectomy incase the doctor has to remove the uterus to save holly.
14. 8 pm She enters surgery.
15. 9 pm nurse comes out and says everything is looking good. They just have to put her back together now. They removed the thing and still don't know exactly what it is. They also fixed a hole in her uterus that was leaking blood. It was probably introduced from the DNC earlier that day, but 'the thing' was blocking the view of the back of the uterus so the doctor could not see it with the camera.
16. 11 pm They finished and holly's blood pressure goes back up right away.
17. 12 am (Saturday night/Sunday morning) Her vital signs are stable. Blood test comes back looking much better. She says she feels much better not as much pain. She is also drugged up good now. Finally.
18. 12:30 am I decide to go home. I drive over to my sister's hous to take care of Sophie(our baby). I don't sleep much just hold our baby.
19. 10 am Sunday we go and visit. She is looking much better compared to her earlier state that is.
20. 11:30 am we leave so holly can sleep.
21. The afternoon was a mad house at my place, many relatives here begging to help with the baby in some way. They all finally leave around 8 pm
22. 11 pm. Holly calls. The doctor is there again. He is going to give her 2 more units of blood because her hemoglobin is still low.
23. The baby sleeps from 10:30 pm to 4:30 am(6 hours) The most sleep I have gotten in a long time
24. Holly seems stable today. We should have results back today or tomorrow to find out what the thing was.
I am plan to go visit Holly today again.
I have everything I need and will probably do some work, if just to take
my mind off the events of the last few days.
We don't know how long holly will be in the hospital, but she is now recovering
from a c-section.
The up shot is she get at least 6 more weeks off work to stay home with Sophie.
This is from myonline journal
Just a short note to let you know I'm doing much much better. I was released today... the "thing" has been removed... the official diagnosis is not given yet as to what it is but we My husband my self and my grandparents all believe it to be the same exact thing. We believe it to be a degenerating baby.
From what jeffrey saw in the pictures from the surgery it could have easily been another baby. It breaks my heart to think that but it makes sense. from the clots I was passing with tissue and the type of clotting it isn't impossible to believe. I think the baby (sophies twin) died around 32 weeks... erwhelmmed with the love from all of you. You women really did
help pull me through. Thank you so much for all the caring praying and support
that you have given to my husband and myself.
As for me and the whole ordeal I don't remember the really bad parts...
I know my bp got as low as 20 over 4 and we were really happy when we got up to 90 over 40 I had an awesome night nurse who really kept me alive I believe. I sufferred some incredible pain... much worse than I ever believed to be lived though, and now I know I can. I have become much more vocal about what I want how I want it and what I expect from persons... especially
from the medical field... I was finally allowed to go home after a day of crappy care from some stupid nurses... and now I haven't had a fever for over 24 hours. and my pain is so mild... just the incision. I have 8 more weeks off of work... to stay home with my daughter, I feel very lucky to have my life and this extra special time with my daughter.
my dr believes that i will be able to have children again in about 6 weeks i'll have a ct scan and he'll squirt dye into my tubes and uterus to see how it all looks.
I went out to lunch with Jeffrey today and we talked about our future... don't ever forget what a blessing it is to be able to take talking about the future ... we just want to face it together, no matter what we just feel so fortunate to have this type of relationship.
Thank you so much Ladies for everything...I may not post for a day or two
(just recovery )