Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
132 Posts
Hi there!

My stats...
Ds born by c-section for "failure to progress" after 34 hours of contractions in January 2000. Horizontal incision only because I yelled at the doctor while on the operating table! (Here in Japan most cesarians are still done with the classical vertical incision. )

Baby number 2 due October 14th, at the same clinic as his/her big brother. We're planning, as my doctor suggested, "to keep an eye on things and just see how it goes." I like this approach and am not emotionally invested in any particular outcome as long as my baby is safe and healthy.

· Registered
132 Posts
I have a situation here and need any suggestions you wonderful ladies may have.
MIL was supposed to watch DS (he's 3 and a half) while I'm in the clinic with Baby number 2. She has just been hospitalized with
severe rheumatism and even if she recovers I doubt she'll be
up to caring for a very active preschooler by October.
My own mother who lives on the other side of the world, has made it very clear she isn't interested in taking care of a kid who isn't weaned, potty-trained, or sleeping in his own bed. So forget her!
Here in Japan a c-section means 10 days in the hospital. If I end up having another cesarian .....oh geez my poor son! Have any of you had to deal with older children during the longer hospital stays required by cesarian ? In particular, an AP kid who isn't used to being away from Mom and Dad overnight? What arrangements did you make? Even 2 to 4 days, which I understand is the norm in the U.S., must be hard if you don't have family to take care of the kid(s). Dh can take a few days off work but not 10 days...
any suggestions?

· Registered
132 Posts
(((Gossamer)))
my heart really goes out to you. It sounds to me like
your subconscious is trying hard to work through unresolved pain and fear associated with your birth experience. I don't have any brilliant
suggestions except to assure you you're not alone, and that
it is OK to do whatever you feel comfortable doing to heal yourself. Pray, meditate, get some bodywork done, write in a journal, even get counseling for a limited time to work through these issues...whatever works for you. Be very gentle with yourself and take all the time you need.

Blessings,
Hikaru

· Registered
132 Posts
I'm a big wimp about needles too. I can't tell you it doesn't hurt at all, but at least in my case, once it took effect I suddenly
felt no pain at all, which after 34 hours of contractions was such a relief!!
Once the epidural takes effect, it's amazing how quickly they get the baby out...and once you know your baby is out you probably won't be thinking of anything else at all!

· Registered
132 Posts
Haha TreeLove, I don't even have a car!

No but seriously, Lady Lee and Tree Love I just wanted to say
I'm looking forward to reading your birth stories. You're so close now, how exciting!!
Got a whole 'nother month to go myself...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.