Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>I'm just stepping in here tentatively, my miscarriage only just happened so I'm not really looking to try again for a bit, but just can't help wondering what the chances are of conceiving twins a second time?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The twins I miscarried were identical.</p>

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<p>Thank-you. xx</p>

·
Registered
138 Posts
<p>I am really sorry for your loss.</p>
<p>Do you have a family history of Twins?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>At a guess, I would say your chances are slightly higher than mine - but mine were non-identical so it was ME who produced two eggs etc.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am so so, sorry for your loss, It must be incredibly hard for you to deal with.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>**Sending Love and Hugs**</p>

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<p>There are twins in my family, but only on my father's side as far as I know. I thought my maternal grandfather was a twin, but apparently he was just very close in age to his brother.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am torn between desperately wanting twins, and being frightened of having twins again, just in case...</p>

·
Registered
138 Posts
<p>I can tell you this: IF, you are lucky enough to fall pregnant with twins again, it is normal to bleed early on - The amount of Twin Mother's I've spoken to and we've all bled quite early - so that's something less to worry about!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Try not to worry, Allow your self time to recover from the miscarriage and prepare yourself emotionally for another pregnancy - then as soon as you are pregnant, do not worry about a repeat miscarriage, let alone if there is more than one baby in there..</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I hope that's helped............ big hugs xx</p>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts