Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed that the baby doesn't really move around in quite the same way anymore? The amount of movement of my little peanut is totally within the normal range - it just isn't shocking anymore. No more non-stop flips and twists. The movements are slower, like he's running out of room. I suppose he is getting bigger everyday, but I just wanted input from others.

· Registered
851 Posts
Sounds perfectly normal to me..

they totally do run out of room for big flips and such around this point

· Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The poor kid seems to get hiccups all the time now - two to three times a day for upwards of 20 minutes. He must be exhausted from just that!

· Registered
837 Posts
Yes! I'm feeling the same thing. No more kicks that make my eyes bug and make me stop in my tracks. Just feels like she's doing gentle somersaults. Although now she seems to like to chill out right under the right side of my rib cage, which feels weird and sometimes makes it harder for me to turn my upper body.

· Registered
1,077 Posts
I'm not really experiencing the same thing. He still moves around (fairly constantly) and I feel him flip and realign. He's so big now, though, that I can really feel it when he decides to move. The kicks and punches aren't so plentiful, but they never really have been when compared to the twisting and turning.

· Registered
1,990 Posts
eh, my girl's still plenty wiggly, I can't believe how active she is--at all hours, too. But I think she has settled into a more head down position, as I'm feeling most of the movement up top and down low, where I used to get most of it on the sides.

· Registered
8,956 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Changed View Post
Yep. I feel a lot of really strong pressing against from the inside. Like he's stretching and sick of not being able to straighten his legs or something.

Mine does the same! I feel her pushing her legs out like, "Come ON, I used to fit in here!"

Sarah - right when I was about where you are, I put in a call to my midwife asking her the same thing b/c I was concerned about the lack of big movements. She told me that it's really b/c they're growing (running out of room) and also they sleep a lot more at this stage. I'm sure all is well for you, too. But if it helps, call you HCP, it can't hurt to be reassured. After my midwife told me all that, and I was less anxious about the whole situation.

· Registered
3,015 Posts
My kid parties every night at about the same time. if something loud happens, he seems to move. His moves are getting stronger, like they jerk me along with him sometimes, but they are usually not forceful like that. Usually he sticks an appendage out..or so it seems. Like all of a sudden, a lump will appear on my stomach, and I'll feel it, and it feels like, a foot..or a knee...one time I thought I felt an ankle under there...Like he's just pressing against the walls in there to stretch or something...Then I move the "lump" around, and he'll start moving it and stuff.

With my first monkey, it was different. He had hiccups ALL the time (before and after birth), we used to have "push-o-wars". He'd push my stomach out with...something..and I'd push back....he'd push harder. It was fun. We still do this sometimes now.

Sometimes, my first monkey, he'd stretch so hard when he was in there, I'd swear I'd hear/feel/sense his joints crick a little bit.

· Registered
4,401 Posts
Definitely running out of room in there! I'm noticing large, frequent movements but they're not of the kicking variety anymore. It's more like shifting from one side to the other (baby likes to shake it's butt at me
). Lots and lots of hiccups too! 4 times on Sunday! Poor baby!

· Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Aw - you guys makes me feel better. I know that my baby is head down with his butt on the left side and his little feet under my right ribs. When he pushes pretty hard on my ribs now, he gets enough leverage that it makes me almost pee on myself because his little head pushes so hard on my bladder. It makes it really hard to slouch (which is a good thing) because his feet are constantly in my ribs...

I've also had people in work meetings noticing my stomach bouncing around more lately. Today in a Search and Screen Interview I was holding, the candidate noticed my belly moving. It was pretty funny.

· Registered
2,548 Posts
I get mostly punches and elbow jabs. I love it when she pushes her little butt out and I get a clear visual of two little bumps just under my fundus.
Lots of streching going on but not so much kicking as a few weeks ago.

· Registered
1,820 Posts
Quote:

Yep. I feel a lot of really strong pressing against from the inside. Like he's stretching and sick of not being able to straighten his legs or something.

This is what I am feeling now too. I still get the odd kick but it isn't like before. Now it is more of a pressure and then you can feel their little limb move across.

· Registered
831 Posts
My lo has been less active lately... And then last night she started doing all kinds of flips and turns. I can't even begin to imagine what position she's in after that, lol. But now she's nice and slowed down again

· Registered
690 Posts
I'm feeling like this baby is trying to bust out of my belly! She stretches and rolls in ways that make me almost fall to the floor. My belly is very entertaining, and is constantly rolling back and forth. And when she scrapes her foot along my belly it HURTS! I think if she'd just settle into a head-down position already she'd fit a little better. Right now she's so crammed in there that it's pretty painful.

· Registered
1,395 Posts
Me too, me too! Noticed the change gradually over the last few weeks.

Quote:

This happens to me sometimes, too. Poor little babies don't have much wiggle room now.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.