Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided last month to remove DS from his daycare after I found out that he had been fed meat for lunch daily for two months (we're vegetarian). I had a VERY stern talk with the director and he hasn't been fed any since. I've been investigating local daycares and having XH look at a couple. They are all much more expensive than where he's at. Not to mention, I'll be moving at the end of the year and he'd have to switch again.

I'm considering just staying with this one until I move, so that DS won't have to switch twice in one year, plus to save money. WWYD? Would you stay and just keep a close eye on things? Or would you switch?

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Are you otherwise happy? (Not saying it is a small thing, just wondering about the bigger picture.)

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by GuildJenn View Post
Are you otherwise happy? (Not saying it is a small thing, just wondering about the bigger picture.)

:

I'm assuming they fed your son meat for two months forgetting you were vegetarian, not because they didn't care, right? I mean, you weren't having to remind them over and over and over with them just disregarding your wishes? If you think it's cleared, I'd probably leave him there. If it's a situation where they were disrespecting your beliefs, that's different.

·
Registered
17,896 Posts
Are there any other issues? If you have cleared up amny misunderstanding about meat (although I would keep checking in and re-enforcing things) and they weren't lying to you about it (do they not tell you what they eat?) then I would stick with them. A new daycare means a whole new set of problems you will have to work through. Might as well stick with this one since you have all the kinks worked out.

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The weird thing is, he was there for a year and a half before they started giving him the meat. It was on his paperwork from day one. Apparently, there was some form the teachers for his class thought I needed that I didn't turn in, so they assumed I had changed my mind. What really pissed me off is that no one said a word to me. The director had no idea what form they were talking about when I asked her, and all such forms come from her, so I don't know if maybe they were doing a CYA (cover your @$$) talking about the form or what. I have been popping in occasionally to check on things (doing a pop-in today actually) and sending his lunch whenever I can.

Other than this, I've been happy with them. He seems to love it there and they teach the kids a lot and they get lots of outdoor play time.

I'm probably going to stay with them (though not recommend them as I used to). But if ONE more thing like this happens, I'm outta there.

·
Premium Member
17,022 Posts
I'd also keep him there until you move. That way he's not having to adjust to a new daycare and then move to another one in a few months.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.