Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are Ecing our second child now. She's been casually EC'ed since she was 8 weeks old, and more recently has had lots of dry days in undies, which she loves. BUt more and more, as she approaches her second birthday, she is resisting. We take off her pants discretely and let her run naked until she goes on her own on the potty to avoid struggles, but this morning she pee'ed on the rug for the first time. We are going through 5 or 6 pairs of undies and pants every day and getting sick of the laundry. My husband had even quit offering the potty and just lets her pee in her pants because he doesn't want the struggle. And I don't want to be coercive or constantly cajoling her to use the potty, either, though I'm willing to use timing and reminding if that seemed to work (it doesn't).<br><br>
Our older daughter did this, and never really worked through the potty strike which began at 18 months or so. She finally decided to use the potty herself on her third birthday. I don't want to go through that again, and want to help DD2 use the potty. She seemed so ready just a few weeks ago. Other than going back to diapers until she expresses an interest, what should we be doing?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Oh, how I'm there with you. My youngest was a pro with learning to stay dry and communicate his needs. No pressure. It was a breeze. And then a month ago he began to wet his clothes. He were upset at first but we realize it's a<br>
phase in the process.<br><br>
No real advice here. I'd love to hear what other have to say.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts