Mothering Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dd is 6.5 and totally into reading (herself) in bed at night. Her favorites right now are Capital Mysteries and A to Z Mysteries. She also likes the Magic Tree House ones, but not as much as the first two mentioned.<br><br>
She's going through them very quickly and I'm looking to include some more titles. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
594 Posts
Has she read the Junie B. Jones series written by Barbara Park? Both my girls really liked her at that age. They also liked the Rainbow Magic fairies series (there's tons of them, if she's going through them quickly that might help!). They're written by Daisy Meadows.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We haven't done Junie B Jones. I thought I'd heard some not great things about the attitude of those books?

·
Registered
73 Posts
My dd is 7 and she loves The Saddle Club, Judy Moody, Stink (Judy's Brother), Mallory, Winnie, The Pony Crazed Princess (I think they were recently named The Pony Mad Princess), and some of the American Girl books.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
My girl couldn't stand the incorrect grammar in the Junie B. Jones books.<br><br>
She loved the Fairy Realm series by Emily Rodda - I think there are 10 or 11 books<br>
My Father's Dragon trilogy<br>
Pony Pals

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the ideas. We will check them out next time we hit the library! And if anyone has more ideas/suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
My dd liked the Cam Jansen series a lot.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
For a change of pace, what about <i>Just So Stories</i> or something similar?<br><br><a href="http://books.google.com/books?id=mQMCAAAAYAAJ&dq=Just+So+Stories&printsec=frontcover&source=bl&ots=ll1k9T_hxp&sig=Ur26NyKY1ISKVmx-UNeFBHwqrMI&hl=en&ei=zmMES_DACsiUtgeNkriNDg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=12&ved=0CDwQ6AEwCw#v=onepage&q=&f=false" target="_blank">http://books.google.com/books?id=mQM...age&q=&f=false</a><br><br>
You can download it free a bunch of places (or buy/borrow it in print, too.)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts