Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm participating in a charity bike and hike marathon in two weeks and was wondering if anyone else has done something similar and has advice on how I can prevent my supply from nosediving during and afterwards?

I have just enough to feed DD at the moment, but can hardly pump extra (it has taken me *ages* to stash enough to tide DD over for the day of the event). I seem to be one of those women whose supply is all over the place and after a month of encouraging my body to make more milk, I don't want to finish the event and have the supply crash. I'm bringing a platypus bag to carry liquids and will be bringing loads of snacks.

Any other advice mamas?

ETA: I think I might have put this in the wrong area - mods please move if necessary, apologies!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I haven't been on here for ages, just have been snowed under with things really and didn't visit much after I first joined up. I've come back though and leafed through old posts to find this one to add to it.

Well, I did it - made it to the Silver finish which was 30 miles of biking and 28 miles of hiking but man, the expressing at every rest stop was torture and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone!! I was knackered and my breasts felt bruised from alternately being engorged and using the pump (in portaloos I might add... nasty!)

I'm doing the same event this year but DD will be 18 months old. She's cut down so much on nursing that I probably won't need to express this time. Hopefully that will mean I'll have the energy needed to get to the Gold finish this time!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Wow! I thought I was a trooper for working 12 hour shifts and pumping. You deserve a special medal! Good luck this time around too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.