Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
Joined
·
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently switched to Charlie's soap. Like, last Thursday. I thought it was supposed to be a good choice.

This weekend ds had what looked like chapped cheeks. Actually, come to think of it, it was like that on Friday too. Anyway, I figured it was the cold or something and told myself not to panic. I just kept lotioning them up, although it didnt seem to help. I also noticed on Sunday that his shoulder eczema was starting to flair. It usually has a couple dry spots, but it is now a large patch again.

All this, and I never even thought about the detergent. But then this morning I realized that most of the clothes he's been wearing have already been washed in it. Has anyone else had problems with Charlie's?

I'm so frustrated. It was a huge chunk of money for me to put out and basically waste. I guess back to purex f & c for us.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
oh no, I was thinking of switching to charlies because my dd has chapped diaper area. I am using dreft right now. i have used tide and all. but I'm not sure it is any specific detergent. she has eczima on the rest of her body. it just seems that she is getting very chapped in the diaper area. I use tons of lotion on her.
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
1,198 Posts
Sorry to hear that you are having issues. Check the web site I thought that Charlies had a no prolem return policy.

http://www.charliesoap.com/gurantee.asp

They also state on their website that the charlies may bring the residue to the top and may require multiple washings with extra rinses to get ride of the residue.

http://www.charliesoap.com/faq.asp

Good Luck!
 

· Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
I use all f&C for over 6months now, and it does seem that my son's eczema is flaring a bit. I'd say its the weather, maybe not the detergent?

I've used surestop for my daughter a couple years ago, and last year around this time for my son too- guess I need to get it again. Its one of those natural remedies, and may help some.
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
8,786 Posts
That's interesting. I've heard too that Charlie's takes a few washings to get all the residue off your clothes and washing machine. I've never tried it myself though.
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by painefaria View Post
Sorry to hear that you are having issues. Check the web site I thought that Charlies had a no prolem return policy.

http://www.charliesoap.com/gurantee.asp

They also state on their website that the charlies may bring the residue to the top and may require multiple washings with extra rinses to get ride of the residue.

http://www.charliesoap.com/faq.asp

Good Luck!
I guess my thinking is that the residue hasnt caused us any problems when we washed our clothes with reg. detergent, why would the charlie's removing residue make him break out?

I'm pretty much not going to chalk it up to weather, ds is very sensitive, and always displays reactions in his cheeks, for whatever reason. That's his spot. We were doing good without charlies, I think we'll just go back to doing good without it.
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post
That's interesting. I've heard too that Charlie's takes a few washings to get all the residue off your clothes and washing machine. I've never tried it myself though.
Yeah,. I ran the machine like 4 times, and did extra rinses, so I know I got that cleaned out. I dont know, it is the only change we've had, so...
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
8,786 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by matey View Post
I guess my thinking is that the residue hasnt caused us any problems when we washed our clothes with reg. detergent, why would the charlie's removing residue make him break out?
Yeah... good point. What detergent do you guys normally use?

(nevermind... you already said purex f&c in your op.)
 

· Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
I would like to do both of these if any one would like to call us up. We're nice and approachable. Matey, I have a great answer for you, and Lastrid, I'd like to address this issue that we've been sadly associated with.

But of course, I can't go into it here because of restrictions.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top