Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
hi!
we moved to rock hill, sc from the d.c. area last summer. we recently met with an awesome midwife
that does homebirths (since we're preparing for another child)...but get this, she informed us that they're only legal in south carolina!
north carolina midwives are actually currently trying to get this insane law changed.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
I plan to have a HB in the Raleigh area in November. I think the total cost is about $2000...this includes a water-doula, pre and post-natal visits not to mention all of the other awesome benefits of seeing a MW! My phone calls are promptly returned, I can borrow books and videos, she even came to my neighborhood pool and did water aerobics with me and a preg. friend last week! Even if it was twice as much, I would still have a MW and a HB, no doubt!

I pay a pro-rated amount each month. My insurance will reimburse most if not all of the costs.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Isn't that great! Homebirth midwives are such a good deal, all the way around
I think I had the same Raleigh area midwife that you have. She's GREAT!!!

I'll try to find out what a Charlotte homebirth midwife will cost. Direct-entry midwives are not licensed in NC, but I'm so happy that they continue to offer their care to us women who want a homebirth.

Rebecca Walton

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
hey I"m not sure when this post was originally written but we are new to the north carolina north charlotte area to be exact and are looking for homebirth midwives

i"ve heard that blue cross blue shield covers homebirths with cnms (something i learned in northern va where we were most recently from) and we are in the process of choosing our insurance right now and i would love to call one and get her opinion

thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.