Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are re-locating to the Mooresville area and I was wondering if anyone here can tell me about the TF scene around that way? We are leaving behind our milk connection and will be looking for a new one in a couple weeks.

Thanks for any help!!

· Registered
322 Posts
We are in Charlotte. We get our raw milk in South Carolina, because NC only sells it as pet milk (though at least they defeated a bill to dye it charcoal gray!). The dairy we get it from is in York Co. (Tucker Adkins Dairy) and we found it on the Weston Price site under Real Milk. I can get you the phone number etc, if you want it and can't find it. The Charlotte Farmer's Market is pretty good (we get some great eggs there), and there are a number of smaller ones, like Matthews and Mint Hill, and likely Mooresville as well. We get grass-fed angus beef from Baucom's Best (you can google their website), and they deliver to the Charlotte Farmer's Market. We get our honey and maple syrup, etc. from Home Economist, which has a few locations, one on South Blvd. near downtown. There are a few things we get from Trader Joe's, Fresh Market, and Earth Fare. No Whole Foods here yet, unfortunately. I've only been doing TF for a little over a year now, and am not very adventurous, but I am sure that this area has tons of farm-fresh foods. Eat Wild and some of the other websites like that have lots of family farms where you can get pastured meats as well as other TF stuff. Baucom's Best want to eventually carry poultry...I think they are going to try to do a bunch of turkeys for Thanksgiving, which would be nice. This is fairly rambling, but I can only tell you what I do, which is somewhat haphazard at the moment. I have looked into CSA's and stuff but haven't had the courage to really join one, as I don't like having to use up veggies that someone else picked for me, as my dh is extremely picky about food. I would like to find some good sources of bulk grains besides home economist, more like 50 lbs. at a time. Walton Food (Feed?) is not taking internet orders right now, but they are good, even if far away. I wish someone local would start something like that. If you find any good sources, I would love to hear about it. Also, if you have a particular question, feel free to pm me, it is possible I might know.... Good luck, and welcome to Charlotte area. We love it here!

· Registered
322 Posts
Oh, Fresh Market has the best price on KerryGold Butter...most of the stores want about $5/half pound, but Fresh Market's usual price is I think around $3.36/half pound. I've been making some of mine, but I still use quite a bit of KerryGold.

· Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, that is a great price! Thanks for all of the help Peggy
. I am just excited to be close to Trader Joes again. We lived in Raleigh until recently and shopped there at least once a week. I really missed those prices!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.