Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across a paragraph at FertilityFriend.com that says:

"It is not impossible to take your BBT if you work shifts, but it will be more challenging. Take your temp at the time you wake up when you are most likely to have had the most sleep. Be as consistent as you can. On your days off, take your temp after you wake up as well, even if it is at a different time. Make a note on your chart of changes in your waking schedule. You may take your temp in the afternoon before you go to work if that is your usual waking time and the time after which you are most likely to have had the most sleep. It is not useful to take your temp when you are already awake and active."

I work three 12 hour shifts per week from 7pm to 7am. So on my days off I take my temp between 8am and 9am or 12pm and 2pm depending on if I worked the night before. On the nights I work I usually take my temp around 5pm when I get up.

My temps have been 0.3 to 0.5 degrees apart. Higher in the pm and lower in the am. Does anyone have a similar situation and any ideas as to when I should take temp so it will be the most accurate?

I've read to take it after anywhere from 3 to 5 hours of sleep and i'm a little confused. I just started June 14th. Also Dr. Shettle's book says not to take temp on your period days. Thoughts?

Kara's Chart

1 - 2 of 2 Posts