Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,<br>
I have a question about charting-temping. I am 27 and we are TTC since November '07, and since Dec'07 I have been charting. Last month my temperature was increased very regularly. But this month it is a little bit strange, normally it is 36,3 but in CD17 it was 36,0. Normally at that day I was waiting it to be increased, because last month I ovulated at CD17. Also my cervical fluid is egg white. In CD18 it was 36,1 and today which is CD19 it is 36,2. So now I am not sure, if I ovulated or not?<br><br>
Normally my periods are very regular, like a clock (Every 25 days) But last month I noticed that I am ovulating late, and my luteal phase was 9 days. So as far as I know it is not enough to get pregnant. I decided to continue charting for at least 3 months, and if my luteal phase is still short I think that I will visit my doctor.<br><br>
I have never thought that TTC will be so difficult, before deciding to have a baby I was always thinking that whenever we want we will have a baby. But I learned that it wasn't like that....

·
Registered
711 Posts
Your cycle length and temp range CAN vary from month to month. As months go by you should get a better picture of your "normal" range for both. The short LP does concern me and you are right, if it continues you should go to the doc's. Good luck.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I had a similar experience this cycle. My temps were lower than normal and I had all the signs of ovulation from CD15-CD18 but without the temp rise. Then I got +OPK CD23 & CD24 and now my temp is rising. I probably O'd yesterday which is 5 days later than last cycle.<br><br>
It is possible for our bodies to get ready to O and then delay it for some reason. Also, as pp said, cycle length (specifically # of days before O) can vary...it is luteal phase that generally stays the same.<br><br>
You'll get a better idea after charting this cycle...I think it takes at least 2 cycles to see any patterns because after the first you don't have any comparison points.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts