Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so lately I have been waking up around 5 am and then falling in and out of sleep. I don't get up before my usual temping time at 7am, but rather lie there hoping to fall back asleep.
My question is should I temp at 5am when I first wake or should I temp at the usual 7am time no matter what? Helppp!

The past week of charting has been off due to these weird waking times...for all I know I already Oed
For example this happened this morning again with a resulting temp of 97.9. If my temp were only 98.05, a half of a degree difference, it would say I Oed on cd21 (I thought cd22 myself)

Ultimately I know it doesn't matter in the long run

Chart

·
Registered
885 Posts
This has been happening to me, too. Probably because of work stress. Is there anything going on that would cause you to lose sleep? I would address that, and see if the sleep issue corrects itself.

·
Registered
675 Posts
It's the overall pattern that is important. And your pattern is kind of rocky. I would finish this cycle out, trying to figure out your sleep pattern (like MrsM said) and then adjust the time you wake up for temping accordingly.

I had to adjust my time a month or so ago because DH started getting up earlier for work so he could plow. I didn't want to get woken up by his alarm, then just sit there and not temp for 30 minutes.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys

Yeah I've been sitting there and not temping for about 2 hours in the mornings. Not sure if that makes the temps higher or lower. I would think higher.
I've decided to sit out this cycle if I didn't O. I can't believe I have to wait at least another month or more for the next O.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
It would be more accurate to temp as soon as you wake up, than to temp at your usual waking time after being awake for 2 hours. (Unless it was the middle of the night and many hours off your usual wake time) Even if you don't get out of bed, your body is waking and therefore temps are rising.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
just wanted to say i agree with jenn. what i usually do is i temp as soon as i wake up, and then if i fall back asleep and wake up again at my normal temp time i temp again. i chart the first temp and record the second, and if the first doesn't fit in with the pattern and the second does, i change it. my temp does not consistently change if i'm awake or based on time, so it's weird.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.