Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in my first cycle of charting. I'm curious about the relationship between temperature drop and the start of your period. Does the temperature always drop beforehand, or is it simultaneous? Do you ever get your period before seeing a drop in waking temp?

I'm on day 13 of my luteal phase. I have no idea how long my phase usually is, since this is just the first cycle. A normal luteal phase is 12-16 days, right? So, it could be any time now. My period always used to arrive first thing in the morning, and I could usually feel it. But it surprised me the last time by coming much earlier than usual (29 days, the shortest ever cycle for me!) and in the middle of the day without any cramping or other symptoms. I was not prepared!
Hopefully, charting will alleviate such problems in the future!

Of course, I could not get it at all... :LOL

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
hi Honeybee,
I usually spot for a day or two, then my temp drops, then I get AF that day or the next. Hope that helps!
Good luck!

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
My temperature starts to drop the day of Af or the day before. It's usually a small dip, followed by another dip the next day.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by honeybee
I'm curious about the relationship between temperature drop and the start of your period. Does the temperature always drop beforehand, or is it simultaneous? Do you ever get your period before seeing a drop in waking temp?
I think for the most part (and like a lot of things to do with charting) each body is different and will show a different relationship between temp drop and af arriving.

For another example here, mine starts to drop 2-4 days before af arrives. It isn't a big drop all at once, but by small incriments and then bounces back up for the first day or two of af.

Of course all this stareing at my chart and others makes me see problems where they may or may not be :LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.