Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A bit of background my ds is almost 8mo breastfed and since he was 5mo I have been having af like I hesitate to say af for sure since the bleeding was not like normal af more like break thru bleeding. Since may 30 tho i have had bleeding only it hasnt stopped and it is pretty heavy. What I was woundering is it safe to take the chaste tree(vitex) while bfing? I want to take it to boost my progesterone level to stop the bleeding if I can. It has pretty much taken over my life
: I know I should go to the dr and i will soon hopfully. But i would like to try natural remedy first if dr wants me to try meds. I cannot take bcp because of blood clot issues. And I know that the low dose pill is sometimes used but I will not take it would scare me to much. I wouldnt want to take the progesterone pill either for fear of lowering my milk supply. I have read that sometimes vitex is used to help with low supply but I think that was just in the first week. Any one have any info?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I have experienced the same flow for 30 days at a time on and off after the birth of my first son while breastfeeding. It is going to take your body longer to re establish a balance after pregnancy/brestfeeding than some other women. What will help tremendously is making 2 herbal infusions.
Nettles (great for breastfeeding) nourishes and stabalizes the horomonal system,energy, and building nutrient ritch blood! Also provided assimilatable minerals and vitamins! Also reduces profuse menstrual flow! 2cups per day!
Dandilion leaf and a little root infusion. this will help your liver deal with all of the horomones your body is confused about. 1cup per day! you may have some in your yard? look for the little yellow flowers!
The proper way to make an infusion is to purchase organic loose leaf herbs and put a small handfull in a gallon jar and pour boiling water over herbs and letting steep for 2hours or betted overnight. then strain and refigerate.
Going to the doc is a waste of time unless you want a blood test for info on iron and horomone levles.
These are womens herbs and time tested...they will help and your body will self correct!
I have vitex in tincture if you want to PM me
A great mailorder and quick shippment is www.mountainroseherbs.com
oh yeah I highly reccommend liquid floridax for re building after bloodloss
it is $$ but you need it.
Feel free to e mail me [email protected]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts