Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone been there or heard anything about 'em?

Heard the doc has four HB babes and supports no vax, BF, etc...upon my SUPERdoula's recomendation. We have the first appt. for next Thursday morning. Bit of a drive for us but could be worth it to have good support. Oh, we're not circing her either.

Anyone?

·
Registered
7 Posts
HI, just wondering where this office was and if you did see them, and if they were pro no vaxx and all that good stuff. I am in chatham and am planning a home birth in 3-5 weeks when ever this babe decides he is done.( if he's a he, mabie a she!!)

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yay for homebirth!!!

This office is awesome! We have been twice so far. They are totally fine with no vax at all. We have seen two docs there and they were both very supportive of our decision to not vax. The first doc was the one whose wife had three of their kids at home years ago. (She works there, too maybe as doctor or as a nurse...not sure which one.) The second doc did Ezra's entire exam with Ezra on my lap. She only moved her briefly to turn her over...I didn't ask for this she just did it. She know the mid-wife out that way (Nancy) and worked on her farm for a while. Also, when she saw Ezra's cloth diapers, she said, "Oooohh, real diapers."
Since we ar enot vaxing she said we can just bring Ez in whenever we want for check ups but no real reason to come that often if everything is going well.

They encouraged us to call anytime with any concerns or questions.

The receptionist may not be as understanding of why we are not making another appointment or whatever. Another nurse (who let ME undress Ez to be wieghed in the beginning) asked if she had gotten some certain vax and we said no. That was it. No problems or hassle from anyone in the entire place.

It's located right beside the hospital in an old house. Third Street, I think. Hope your visit goes well!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, I am going unassisted. I am a doula myself so I am enough I guess( I like to birth alone in the corner LOL
) I have talked to nancy to see if she would back up but, she didn't seem interested. But anyway. I would love this doc's number if you have it. I called information but they couldn't pull it up. I am very excited. I am planning on cloth diapering as well so. But I would like to find a great ped doc to do the pku at 3 days. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dr. Schwankl was the first doc we saw...whose wife had babes at home.

Dr. Chapman is the second doc we saw who commented on the real diapers and never moved Ezra off my lap for the exam.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.