Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are looking for carpet for our basement. It is only going to be partially finished for my daycare kids so it will get roughed up. Where are some cheap places to get cheap carpeting. (we will be totally re-doing the basement in 2-3 years -THis is just a tempoarary fix.

·
Registered
586 Posts
i agree, if looks aren't a problem. go to local carpet places and pick up old samples. they are 1x1 squares. that way you just pick them up and rinse them when they get dirty. otherwise i think homedepot sell the same kids of carpet for cheap. walmart has the carpet squares also

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
When finances were tight for us and we needed new flooring we went with putting down a pine wood floor. Dh put it down himself, using masonry nails for an asthetically pleasing look, we did a quick sanding and stained it - the total cost for the area we did was $500. To put cheap carpet on the same area a few years prior was $1000.

Just an idea

Good Luck, whatever you decide!

·
Premium Member
1,823 Posts
Another option you may want to try is purchasing several large area rugs. I know stores sell 5x8 ones for $15-20 if you want to go inexpensive. The only downside is that there really isn't a lot of cushion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.