Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just came up with a good idea for an EC belt and thought I would share it. We had a few elastic+fleece belts from the EC Store and I made some on my own. (If you haven't used one before, you just tuck a prefold into it - really great for easy EC access and catching lost pees).

Well, the other day we were at Target, and I bought some wide child-sized headbands in the hair supplies department. $3 for 4, I think. They work great! They would probably not be small enough for a tiny baby, or big enough for a really big baby, but they are working great for us right now at 7 months, and she's been wearing the same belt size for the past 3 months.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
So does it work kinda like a loin cloth? Or more like a really big snappi?? Or am I way off...

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
gotcha!

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update on my belts! Some of them turned out to be a little bit big, so I just pinned them in the front. Works like a charm! We love the ones that have tiny thread of elastic run through them the best. We also got some all fabric 1 1/2" headbands but those don't seem to work as well. The 1" with white elastic thread are awesome.

BTW yes you put the prefold on like a little loincloth/sumo wrestler. It does not catch lost poo very well. But otherwise is great.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
What a terrific idea! Thank you for sharing. Will definitely be using this with the new babe!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Wow- that's great to know for the non-sewing crowd (that's me
) I bet your dd is so cute in the girly bands. I think the sumo wrestler/loin cloth look is so adorable on the EC baby!

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just had another idea with the belts but haven't had a chance to do it yet. I think I might cut some of the belts and sew or glue on some velcro or aplix. Then they will be adjustable...

(Hi Tori!)

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Be careful, if the headband has enclosed elastic inside, you will need to hold the ends of the elastic when cutting the band, or the elastic will pop loose and disappear into the fabric!
If you decide to glue on the velcro, you will find it does not hold up as well as sewing it. After a few washes the edges will come loose. If you have a sewing machine, stitching the velcro on with a zig-zag stitch will work best.

Kathryn
(sewing mommy)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.