Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read about maca on this board, and it's fertility benefits. So I bought some the other day, but it was about $17 dollars for 60 350mg capsules. I've read that you should take 2,000 to 3,000mgs a day, and at that rate, it's going to get very expensive.
I've read that some people take it in powder form; is that cheaper? Is there any particular source for cheap maca?

Thanks

· Premium Member
13,827 Posts
i get mine from luckyvitamin.com less than 5 bucks for 100 500mg tablets

i dont know where you read you should be taking that much... perhaps you should check their sources?

· Registered
2,758 Posts
actually, a lot of people on here take 2000-3000 mg - i know beloved had written on a maca thread that she took 3000. i take 2000 mg a day and so does DH. i have read that plenty of people take way lower doses, but i've seen a lot of message board types taking 2000-3000 for TTC, so i figured i'd go with it.

we get this which is 400 tablets with 500 mg for just under $40 and free shipping. i am so checking out lucky vitamin, though. i had a hard time finding it for less than $10 (incl. shipping) for 100 tablets w/500 mg.

· Premium Member
2,997 Posts
In one of the super-long maca threads, someone talked about how they encapsulated the powder themselves because they couldn't stomach the taste of it alone but couldn't afford the capsules.

I get straight powder and mix it with orange juice or milk. I bought 2.2lbs from vitacost for $28 and take 1.5-2tsp a day (which is within the 2000-3000 mg range, though I couldn't give you the exact number off the top of my head), which should last me at least 4 months.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.