Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the bottom of the page on this link, there is a link to a site where you can get 250 business cards free. Well, O.K. not free, I had to pay $6.50 for shipping, but that's still pretty cheap.

http://www.nocircoftx.org/care/pamphlet6.html

I had them made up to read:

Infant Circumcision??
Get informed!

E-mail Questions to:
[email protected] (my circumcison information e-mail adress)

www.cirp.org
www.nocirc.org
www.intact.ca

I plan on distributing them various places. Information boards at grocery stores, slipped into pregnancy magazines, waiting rooms at doc. offices, clinics ect....

I know 250 will probably go pretty quickly, but hey, it's a start!

Take care,
Tara

·
Registered
439 Posts
I might do this. What I've been doing, when I wanted to list a motto, like in my siggie, is to use the saying that the nocirc billboards have been using, which is "Babies are Born Perfect - Today's Parents Say NO to Circumcision".

I'm wondering how effective that would be for business cards. With your motto, parents are encouraged to become informed, and hopefully say NO after they've become informed. I tend to worry that they may not take that extra step to check out a web page, and think that circumcision is being advocated, and that it's a good thing.

However, they might get turned off at my slogan, because right off the bat it says to say NO.

Any thoughts from anyone on which way is best?

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
I kind of like "Today's Parents Say NO to Circumcision", because it plays on that fear a lot of parents have about their boys being "different". These parents want to go along with what "everybody else" is doing- so if they hear that today's parents are saying no, they will too. Or at least, check out why anyone would say no.

Go along! Conform! Fit in! Just say no! Everybody's doing it!

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IMO, anything you can think of to get people inspired enough to look into it would work well.....Using words like "informed" (noone wants to be ignorant do they?)......Or like Lulas Mom stated "todays parent"(everyone else is doing it....don't want to stand out).

I don't think starting off by being over the top would work well though....using words like "mutilation" or human rights" right off the bat sometimes makes people tune out.

I get my order in about three weeks....I can't wait to see how they look.

Take care,
Tara

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by A&A
Good for you! Unfortunately, that company requires "cookies enabled" to get the free business cards.

I don't know what that means.

Tara

·
Premium Member
16,212 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by callumsmom2001
I don't know what that means.

Tara

It just means I have my security settings on my computer "too high" to be able to pull up their site. But let us know how it goes passing out the cards! I think it's a great idea.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts