Mothering Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. :wave
In the interest of keeping things active here and getting to know each other, I thought I would start a weekly check in. We did this in a previous group I was in and it was really fun.

I'll post some questions, and those who want to can answer below and say a bit about how they're doing this week.

1) When this baby is born, how many children will you have?

2) Are you experiencing any pregnancy symptoms yet?

3) Are you planning to birth at home, at a birth center, or at a hospital? Or if you haven't decided yet, what are your thoughts on the matter?

4) If you traveled this summer, where did you go?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'll go first. Honestly I'm having a hard time this week for a lot of reasons, constant nausea being the least of them. It's so unpleasant, but I'm also glad to really feel pregnant. During my last pregnancy I could tell that something wasn't quite right, but it wasn't until the nausea suddenly went away that I really got worried. Sure enough, no heartbeat. And a week later I miscarried. So feeling gross is actually pretty reassuring.

This will be our third child.

Yes! So many. Sensitive smell, sore boobs, morning sickness, fatigue, gaining weight, and my pelvis is already loosening up. I've already started the pregnancy walk! Not quite waddling yet though.

3) Are you planning to birth at home, at a birth center, or at a hospital? Or if you haven't decided yet, what are your thoughts on the matter?
I am planning to give birth at home, in water. I'll be using the same midwife from my last birth, though that was at a birth center.

The only place we went was to visit my inlaws. They live on a farm in eastern Oregon and we try to visit every year. Besides that we were busy moving.

·
Registered
114 Posts

This will be baby no 2 for us.

YES!!! Sore boobs were the first sign. I noticed that a few days before I expected my period and told my husband my boobs are sore so I should take a pregnancy test.
I'm nauseous a lot. I'm terribly constipated. I have this horrible taste in my mouth all the time.
I go to sleep before 10 every night and have to pee in the middle of the night.

I will give birth at the local hospital. We don't have any birth centers near here and my house is too chaotic. I wish we had a birth center. They've redone the hospitals birthing unit since my first child. It sounds nice - tubs available, Nicer rooms.
My first birth was smooth at the hospital. I went through transition in a jacuzzi. No one pushed for drugs. It was pretty quick - checked in at 6:30 am and my son was born at 11:30 am.

This summer we didn't go far. My mom, son and I went to Fire Island for a few days - a beach community off the coast of Long Island.

I don't feel like doing anything. Earlier this year I trained for my first 5k. i've been trying to jog. I managed going out 3 mornings last week. I need to get out tomorrow as I slacked off this weekend. I'm also in a step contest at work starting Wednesday - so I need to get out and move for at least an hour a day. I actually don't feel nauseated when I'm moving so I should keep doing it. Of course it is way hotter than I prefer this weekend so I am looking forward to summer ending (hard to say but true).

·
Registered
112 Posts
1) When this baby is born, how many children will you have? This will also be our third. Praying 3 is no more chaotic than 2.

2) Are you experiencing any pregnancy symptoms yet? Ugh yes. Constant severe nausea, it is taking all my effort not to vomit. Which is in turn is making me useless while my other kids create anarchy. Other gems include sore nipples, killer reflux, headache, dehydrated. I'm just wallowing in the misery wishing time would pass faster. My mantra the past few days has been urging my placenta to hurry up and get working already.

3) Are you planning to birth at home, at a birth center, or at a hospital? Or if you haven't decided yet, what are your thoughts on the matter? Will most likely be the hospital again. While I don't care for it that much, I'm not sure I want to switch providers (mine is 100% supportive of vbacs) and I'd prefer insurance cover it. I need to email my doula. I'm so afraid she won't do it because she's been taking on less while she trains to be a midwife. Last time the actual birth was fine, the only negatives were after we left the labor room.

4) If you traveled this summer, where did you go? Nope. I was too focused on preserving the harvest. I knew we wanted to try for a third and I am useless during the first trimester so I did a lot of freezer cooking. This baby had better stick, I don't think any of us can do this again.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Thanks Lturtle for starting this!

1) When this baby is born, how many children will you have? 5!

2) Are you experiencing any pregnancy symptoms yet? major nausea- and it's good friend vomiting (although that has been infrequent so far), irritable, exhausted, major belly already- in fact we told my in laws the news yesterday since they were over our house- and my mil totally knew and said it was very obvious :frown: extreme food aversions, a few cravings, thrist/increased peeing, and my face is breaking out which has never happened before in any of my pregnancies, oh and my hair is majorly shedding. Good times over here.

3) Are you planning to birth at home, at a birth center, or at a hospital? Or if you haven't decided yet, what are your thoughts on the matter? hospital this time, no birth centers nearby and there's just no way I could homebirth with my circus around.

Cape Cod for 2 weeks, It's only 3 hours from us and my in laws have a cottage/house there so they rent us a large house on their street that we share with bil and sil- lucky, I know!

·
Registered
1 Posts
A: 3, though this is my 5th pregnancy, I have had 2 miscarriages
A: fatigue, sore breasts, very thirsty/feeling dehydrated, and having to pee all the time 3) Are you planning to birth at home, at a birth center, or at a hospital? Or if you haven't decided yet, what are your thoughts on the matter?
A: At home, likely a water birth, with a midwife. My first was born at the hospital and had the usual cascade of misguided interventions, my 2nd was born in hospital with zero interventions but post-labor was a huge pain. I just want to be home with my husband and kids this time :)
A: no traveling, we were planning a big trip early spring to California and Colorado to visit family, but that not really going to work anymore

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hi all. :wave
In the interest of keeping things active here and getting to know each other, I thought I would start a weekly check in. We did this in a previous group I was in and it was really fun.

I'll post some questions, and those who want to can answer below and say a bit about how they're doing this week.

This will be our third, if he/she makes it to viability

Ugh, yes. Diclegis is helping keep the queasiness away, but I still just feel off all the time, my thyroid has bottomed out and I have no energy, my boobs are super sore, food makes me gag, most liquids make me gag, etc. I did have an ultrasound on Thursday and saw a tiny heartbeat, so that's encouraging, but everything was "fine" last time until it wasn't anymore, so I am still not getting my hopes up.

Hospital. Not thrilled about it, but I'm high risk and don't really have any other safe options. I may hire a doula if we can afford it.

We went to St. Augustine Beach with my dad and his wife and my sister's family. She has two boys that are staggered in ages with mine, so our kids have a great time together.

·
Registered
2 Posts

I'm a blessed momma to 3 little girls, this little nugget will make it 4.

Yes, but not the typical for me "all day morning sickness" I've had with my other 3 pregnancies. I'm mildly nauseous in the morning, but have only actually thrown up once. I was sick nearly everyday of my other pregnancies. I also have tender breasts, extreme fatigue, & cravings for protein. I'm eager for my energy to return, but so thankful to not be so sick either.

We are planning another Homebirth with the same midwife I had for my last 2 births. My 1st was born free of intervention in hospital, my 2nd at a family birth center, & my 3rd at home. My last two were born in the water as well, and I am planning to do that again as it helps so much with pain.

We live in Alaska & vacationed locally going on camping trips.

·
Registered
9 Posts
1) When this baby is born, how many children will you have? This will be our 2nd :)

2) Are you experiencing any pregnancy symptoms yet? Yes, queasiness and just general fatigue, and also I feel I'm starting to show a little bit. Hubby even commented today (in a cute way) LOL

3) Are you planning to birth at home, at a birth center, or at a hospital? Or if you haven't decided yet, what are your thoughts on the matter? I would love to try a home birth, but we will go the hospital route. We have a very nice new birthing inn at our hospital; I can't wait to take a tour!

4) If you traveled this summer, where did you go? We traveled to Indiana earlier this summer to visit family, but we stayed local the rest of the summer. It was really hot here, and I'm just not a lover of those temps! We are planning a few getaways this October and November for my son's birthday and a family getaway, so I'm excited about those :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
So good to see some activity here! What a great thread starter :)

This will be our seventh child. We are planning on another boy as well (we seem to be specialized in that arena)

I haven't been too sick, but I am ANGRY all the time!!! It is awful.

We are struggling with where to have this baby. I have had one hospital, one birth center, and four home.births.Our midwife now lives two hours away, and I don't like any of the closer options. We have loved home birth, but it costs the same amount as a hospital birth would for us (we have maternity insurance for the first time in a decade), and we don't have extra finances right now. Hospital birth would mean our deductible is met for the year. But I love home birth. I don't know what to do!!! So that's where I am. Anyone have any thoughts or insights?

·
Registered
110 Posts
This will be our 4th, we have 3 girls soooo...I am guessing another girl I am excited for either!

Yes, nausea, nausea, nausea! blah! :) I am tired and having lots of food aversions:/. I think my milk is changing for my 23 mo old either amount or flavor...her nursing has changed, I think she knew I was pregnant before I did!

We are planning another home birth.

We went on a few camping trips. We are rookie campers, it was interesting! ha! it rained each trip so they were all cut short :)but we made friends everywhere we went and had fun while we were there.

·
Registered
31 Posts
All together we will have NINE babies (just wanted to make your jaws drop :eek:), but only 5 if this little gal/fella makes it. We have 4 looking down from Heaven (3 singles and 1 set of twins).

Usually I have a lot of sickness, but I have more aversions than nausea this time. Have really started to feel tired, and fall asleep very hard when my head hits the pillow. Other than that, have been constipated, have sore breasts/nipples, am short of breath (even when doing practically nothing), and already am showing. This time the pregnancy feels "healthy", so I really hope that's a good sign.

Haven't planned that far ahead, since we are just waiting to see if baby makes it safely through the first trimester. I would love to have a home birth, but am unable since this would be a V-bac.

We attempted to go camping a couple of times unsuccessfully due to my son getting sick and a sudden change in the forecast. Would still love to squeeze something in though, and would LOVE to go to the Black Hills in South Dakota when the fall colors start to show!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts