Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mom wants to have Chem Dry come and clean my brother's house, but he's worried about the chemicals. They clean her house, and they told her that it is "non-toxic." I can't find any information about specifics. On the Chem Dry site, they claim that their chemicals are safe for family and pets.

Anyone know more?

Thanks!

·
Registered
748 Posts
I don't know if their claim is substantiated either but they have to provide you with a "msds" by law so you can read about it beforehand. Msds is a material-safety-data-sheet which tells everything about it, the chemical makeup, uses, dangers, remedies or antidotes, etc.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
don't trust them. i used chem-dry for years. after i had my ds i also questioned their safety. i got the same story - "all non-toxic". well, long story short - the technician who came to clean the carpets spilled some of the liquid (cleaner) on my tile floor. he soaked it up with a towel and left the towel there (on my tile floor). Four hours later, when i went to pick the towel up i noticed it had EATEN AWAY THE GROUT!!!!!! no kidding. now IMHO how "safe" can it be if it can dissolve the grout in a tile floor? oh and btw, when i called to tell them what happened they totally refused to believe that their products could have done that. hth.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.