Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a delicious recipe for this or any other cherry treat you want to share. We have tons of cherries - sour pie cherries. Thank ya.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Okay...better late then never

Fresh Cherry Cobbler

2/3 cups sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
4 cups pitted fresh tart cherries
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup milk

Preheat oven to 400°. Blend 1 1/4 cups sugar, cornstarch, cherries, and almond extract in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Continue to boil and stir for 1 minute. Pour fruit mixture into an ungreased 2-quart casserole. Place in oven while preparing dough.
Measure flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, baking powder, and salt into a mixing bowl. Add butter and milk. Cut butter in several times then stir until dough forms a ball. Drop dough in about 6 spoonfuls onto hot fruit. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm with cream, if desired, or cool slightly and serve with vanilla ice cream.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Num! Cherries! And this recipe is very, very easy. Enjoy!

Cherry Clafouti

4 cups cherries
5 tablespoons sugar
2 c light cream
3 eggs
1/4 c flour
pinch salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
icing sugar

Butter a 2 quart shallow baking dish and sprinkle with sugar. Blend cream, eggs, flour and salt for 2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients & vanilla; blend. Put cherries & their juice (the recipe doesn't specify how much juice and I can't remember - err on the low side to avoid a soggy result) in dish, pour egg mixture over. Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes or until well puffed and golden. Serve barely warm, spinkled with icing sugar.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Grease 9x13 pan. Add 1 can cherries (pie filling) and 1 can UNDRAINED pineapple, and mix together in pan. Sprinkle top with 1 box of yellow cake mix. Melt 1 cube of butter and pour over top. Sprinkle with some coconut. Bake 350 for about 30 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gracias everyone. I'm going to start with the cobbler tonight but I have enough cherries to try them all. At this rate I'll be sick of them by summer's end

1 - 6 of 6 Posts