Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm convinced DD's teeth will be erupting very soon. I can feel hard bumps under her gums and to say she is drooling would be an understatement. Her dad's family all teethed very very early (her grandpa was born with a tooth) so I sort of expected she might cut teeth a bit early.

She has been very cranky lately, even waking up at night crying. Hylands gel gives a little relief and she doesn't like anything cold. We haven't found anything that gives her complete relief. She started chewing or gumming her little tongue. She did it so hard yesterday that it started bleeding a little. At first I thought the blood was from a tooth but I can see 2 little puncture wounds on the end of her tongue.

Is this normal? It seems to satisfy her better than anything I can do. Can babies choke on their own tongue? She was even chewing her tongue in her sleep!

·
Registered
1 Posts
baby chewing tongue

My baby did the same thing. I had initially thought that maybe she was just mimicking us whenever we play with her and stick our tongues out. But then I realized that she was chewing her tongue. Neither did I know, that the reason for my baby chewing tongue was because she's teething.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.