Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi mamas. i was wondering about a playgroup for us. what does everyone think...should we have a time once a week set aside. or twice a month? i was thinking that we could have a set day everyweek and if you can come you can come if not no big deal. also should we rotate parks? it seems like alot if of you live up north, but i know how hard it is to travel far for some.i like wells park but it would be nice to have nature center and beach days as well.

darkstar

·
Registered
52 Posts
darkstar
i think that is a great idea! maybe we could start it and then see about certain dates etc. i am up for every week. i think rotating parks would be cool. there are so many awesome parks around. maybe once we get started, we can each take a week and pick a place. how is the new baby? i hope everything is going well for you.
sarah

·
Registered
126 Posts
sounds like a great idea! im always up for getting out and meeting new mamas
is there a time that works better for everyone? i know in our house 12-4 is generally blocked out for naps (not that entire time, but somewhere in there a long nap must happen). everyones schedules are different but i thought id start there and see what works for you mamas

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We are doing great. Went out to day to the custer street art fair. If anyone is up for it, you should check it out tommorow. Its in Evanston and there is kids stuff and face painting along with music and tons of awsome art.

As for the playgroup I am up for everyweek too. I would think that around 10 or 11 would work for us. Rotation is great. We have a great park in Evanston...Penny park but if that is too far to travel, I can do the city too.
What day works well it seems like Tue or Wed was the last day so mabey we should stick with that, although Wed morning is story time at our library, which we dont usually go to but I want to start making a habit of it.

Have a great weekend, enjoy the weather, I think its about to get miserable.

darkstar

·
Registered
925 Posts
I'm down for every week too. Tuesday seems fine, we haven't really gotten into a Chicago schedule yet, so this can become apart of our new one. We won't be around in July, but come August, we'll be there! I like the rotation idea too. We can totally do Evanston...

·
Registered
184 Posts
I am interested. Mornings 9-11 are best for us too. Wednesday is not good -- any other day could work. We live on the south side so parks closer to downtown are easiest for us, but we also don't mind driving.

·
Registered
52 Posts
tuesday or thursday mornings sound good for us too. the earlier the better, we could come if it was any time between 8 and 10:30, after that we wouldn't be able to make it out until 3. the mornings are nice in the summer because it isn't so hot yet. penny park sounds fun and we are willing to drive-should we try that park first since darkstar has the new little one? should we try for next week? the dates would either be the 28th or 30th. can't wait to meet you all!
sarah and audrey

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I say Thursdays, becuase if it was Tuesdays I wont be able to come. I am starting massage school next month and my classes are Tuesday and Fridays. Also just so you know I will be taking a doula training in November*so keep me in mind* :LOL

How about next thursday at Penny Park. Penny park is at Lake and Ashland in Evanston. You can either take 94 to Dempster and Dempster East to Ashland. Go North on Ashland and its 2 or 3 blocks. Or LSD to Sherridan rd. Turn West on Dempster and North on Ashland. We love it becuase everything is wooden.

darkstar

·
Registered
205 Posts
I would like to come, too, but Thursday mornings is the oak park meet up. I know that everyone cannot be accommodated. If you all meetup on a different day in the future, I'd love to come. I'll keep checking here.

Jennifer

·
Registered
428 Posts
I'm interested too, although we could probably only come occasionally. My dd's schedule stinks...she has therapy Monday afternoons and then Tueday through Friday all morning. I also have a lot of trouble carting my kids around (we don't have a car). Maybe when my dd's new wheelchair finally comes things will be easier...then I can just wear ds.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Keep me appraised and I will try to pop in as time/location allows.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Monday is great for me too. Mabey we could do it earlier in the day so srmina can join us sometimes
Should we plan on this Monday. Whats a good time for everyone? Want to come to Evanston? Let me know

darkstar

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'm glad that Mondays are good with everyone! Mornings are fine with me. I'm up for going to Evanston (It is a bit of a drive but if we rotate parks that would be great)

This Monday works for us.

Jennifer

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Natalya
Monday, I can be there! Is 9 too early?
9 is definitely too early for us. :LOL We'll still be eating breakfast at 9 and we have to take the bus to Evanston. 10 or 10:30 is better for us.

Darkstar, is there any water to play in there?
If it's in the 90s still, it'll be too hot for the park otherwise.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts