Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to this forum and I had heard about forums of moms who helped expose their kids to chicken pox to get it out of the way. I'd really like for my daughter to get them when she's young and the idea of vaccinations make my skin crawl, so if anyone has a kid who's coming down with chicken pox or knows of a kid, please contact me. And I'll do the same for anyone else who's interested.

Thanks,
Shana

·
Registered
229 Posts
Not to be a downer (b/c i understand what you're saying) but just b/c your child gets exposed to chicken pox and catches it doesn't mean it won't happen again. You can get the chicken pox more than just once unfortunately.
Just wanted to let ya know b/c most people didn't know that

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yes, and you can get the varicella vax and still get chickenpox multiple times. What does that matter?

Getting chickenpox more than once is a good sign, if not a convenient one--it means your immune system was so good the first time around that you didn't have it enough to acquire full immunity. This is why a child is more likely to get chickenpox multiple times if they are breastfeeding when they contract CP.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.