Mothering Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We exposed 12 days ago and DD just started showing signs of cp yesterday. Small spots in early stages with one blistering spot. She has the classic runny nose, had the fever yesterday. We will be arranging playdates over the weekend and into Monday/Tuesday. The closer they are to their breakout date the more contagious they're supposed to be. It goes without saying but I'll say it anyways, please only make arrangements if you are healthy. Lets keep this going! I'm on the NH seacoast about 20 mins from Portsmouth, NH and Salem, MA for those needing travel info.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Glad to hear the exposure worked, mandcc96. You're the 2nd family who visited us when my DS/DD had the pox to report back that you got it! Hope your DD is feeling better soon.

·
Premium Member
4,587 Posts
Dang, I wish I had seen this yesterday, I would have driven out there with DS today. I have to work 10 hour shifts all this week. If anyone has any outbreaks this week and is available over next weekend, I am willing to drive a few hours away from Burlington, VT. DS is 2 and I want to start trying to find CP soon.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Subbing to watch if this moves toward southern Vermont-ish...
Good luck everyone- a 'pox on all your houses!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Whoever has them next please let us know, I so need Isaak to have a good exposure by June before the new bean is due....otherwise I'm waiting another year or so and that's pushing it a bit close to school...

Willing to travel for spots!

Thanks!

·
Registered
322 Posts
To mandc96!!

I'm trying to figure out if/when we could come!! Do you think your DD will still be contagious today or tomorrow? Please feel free to call, 207-793-8933, if you'd like.

I'd love to bring the pox to Maine
!!

Take care,
Sarah

·
Registered
322 Posts
Isaakspacifier!! I believe that if you expose your fetus to the pox you might have some serious complications, I just googled this: Women who do acquire chicken pox while pregnant, especially in the third trimester, are at a greater risk of developing varicella pneumonia. Varicella pneumonia is a potentially life-threatening infection of the lungs by the varicella virus.
Just an FYI.

·
Registered
61 Posts
svmaine....would that be true even though I've already had the pox as a child plus shingles??? Wouldn't I be immune therefore it wouldn't get to the fetus? I'll have to email my ped.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi everyone! So glad to see so much interest in this area. Jen, it was such a great visit. Hopefully we'll be hearing from you in a couple of weeks with good news! I do have to say yesterday was a rough afternoon since most of her blisters went through the turning point and started the rupture/scab stage. I don't remember this being that painful for my older daughters. Anyways, she has several small spots left so I think we're starting the healing process. I'm not sure if she'll be very contagious after today (or even today). Hopefully we'll have some new cases soon with the cases we've shared so good luck to everyone!!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Phew!! Sorry for the scare
, for some reason I was convinced that even if you already had chicken pox that it could be dangerous for your infant, whoops, oh what 3 boys have done to my brain!!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just wanted to give you all a heads-up. Got a pm from the media today (ABC/Good Morning America). Sleepdeprivedmommy is supposedly one of their producers looking for an interview. I'm not interested in their interviews and just wanted to let you know that they're looking. Best of luck to everyone, looks like we're heading toward the home stretch with most of her pox scabbing over! Woohoo...there is an end in sight!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Aargh! I was in Southern NH over the weekend for Easter, would have been so close to the seacoast! Being so busy with the holiday I missed the post. Good luck to you all. I hope the chicken pox make their way to northern NH.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.