Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to see a friend today and her 18 mo old has chicken pox. Should I be worried about my 5-week-old? DD had it when she was 15 months without difficulty, but is there anything to worry about with one so new?

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
My dd got chickenpox at 5 weeks too - from her brother who had managed to get to age 7 without catching it!<br><br>
She got spotty but not really upset or more restless than I expected for her age and she heled very well. I have to say I didn't seek medical advice though.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
All I know is anecdotal - and that is that my mom and her twin got CP at 6 weeks old and both had VERY severe cases. However, if you are BFing and you had CP, you may have passed on enough immunity to protect your DC.

·
Registered
812 Posts
we went through cp this winter--my 4 & 6 yo's both got it (and I did too. I apparently had it around the age of 1 and did not develop immunity). in the reading I did, it would appear that you have to be very careful with newborns around cp. but if she wasn't playing with them (obviously) and they weren't nuzzling her she probably won't catch it. might be a good ??? for your doc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts