Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me know what you think of this approach to varicella: expose children to the vaccine by emptying some of the contents of a standard vaccine onto their skin; then follow up after a decent interval with planned exposure to wild varicella so that they get probably a mild case of wild pox and good immunity?<br><br>
In the absence of an immune accelerant (which seems to look like it is causing autoimmune issues in the vaccine patch studies), I wonder if topical exposure to the vaccine would be harmful?<br><br>
I don't really have a MAJOR problem with my kids getting a whopping case of wild chicken pox, but I'm not sure what the downfall would be of this plan (assuming my information that putting standard vaccines on the skin provokes an immune response -- which I believe it does). The benefit would be that if the kids do get some immune reaction to the vaccine, they would be more likely to just have a few pox (as they say vaccinated kids do get chicken pox but milder cases).

·
Registered
170 Posts
Is this a plan that you and your doctor are doing? Just curious.<br>
Is there any way you can purposely expose your child to another child who has the chicken pox? I did this with my youngest when he was pre-school age so he wouldn't have to deal with the ramifications of having it during his school years.<br><br>
Now things are changing in our state. Beginning next year, every child entering grade K-9 has to show proof of either having the chicken pox or having the vaccine, which is a sneaky way of starting to require the vaccine. Both of my kids had the pox and my oldest is beyond the age, anyway. However, I'm still against this idea in general.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts