Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YaY!! I think we were exposed!<br><br>
I just discovered my friends' dd has chicken pox: a mild case. She found out she had it on Mon (5/14/07) and we had just been visiting/my kids playing with them on 5/9/07. So were my kids exposed? If not, is this Monday too late to expose them? (we're out of town for the weekend.)<br><br>
I'm REALLY hoping they will get chicken pox!! I've heard they are hard to find/get because of the vax. Also my DH has never had them and my Dsis (who lives with us) & I only had mild cases: should the 3 of us adults be concerned?? (And ds1--4.5 yrs old--received one vax for chicken pox...he should still be able to get the virus though, right?)

·
Registered
484 Posts
For your kids to have a chance of catching the chicken pox, they would need to be in contact with the sick child, from 2 days before the rash appears, (the most contagious period) till 5 days after the rash appears. CP as an adult can be very nasty.<br><br>
I am hoping my kids will get CP tomorrow since it will be 14 days after I exposed them. My Dh had it as an adult a few years ago and said it was awful.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts