Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,322 Posts
Where are you living and working? That might help a bit!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, my name is Dina and I would like to start a home daycare in Glen Ellyn. After a week as a lead teacher in a daycare center, I have decided that that "institution" is not conductive to my growth or my 18m old son. I feel I can provide alot more attention and love in a small home daycare. Since your child will only be 1 of 4 children, they can be catered to and their growth documented in detail. I can accomadate every type of special request from diet to babywearing to longer hours. I have a lovely backyard where the children can play and feel the sun on their faces and feel the cool shade of tall trees. I will be certified by DCFS and have already passed their background/drug testing and physical requirements. I have an AA,BA and educational classes under my belt. I will also plan to attend 3 early childhood weekend classes at COD in the fall. And the best part is that I am way more affordable than a daycare center! Please let me know id I can serve you! Thank you

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello,

Thank you for the response. I'm still trying to figure out to what capacity I will be returning to work. I'm hoping to go back only part time, at least to start, and I do not want to put my baby in a group day care. I have looked into several places and not only are they expensive, but not really the care I am looking for. Can you tell me more about yourself? What do you charge.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
You can check out teacher care.... I used to work for them. They screen and help you pick our a personal nanny/teacher type person who comes to your home. Teachercare.com, I believe.

blessings,
jess

1 - 6 of 6 Posts