Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How simular is Steiners view on child development compared to " experts "? And which books can I read to future my education on this subject?

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
I don't know who you consider to be an "expert", but Steiner is out of the mainstream.

It seems like you like the idea of Waldorf, but it doesn't seem like you know all that much about it. What is it that appeals to you?

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
'You Are Your Child's First Teacher' might be a good place to start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,581 Posts
'You Are Your Child's First Teacher' might be a good place to start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This book has been recommended to you thrice, if not more! Are you having trouble finding a copy of it? It is probably available in your local library or through interlibrary loan.

Steiner is much different than predominant child development practitioners and researchers. So much research has been done in the last 10 years alone on brain development, brain chemistry, and the inner development of the child.

What originally drew you to Waldorf and why do you pursue it?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, I am totally drawn to Waldorf because of the simplicity. I love to learn about studies. In college I took some psychology classes. I loved it. I love everything about Waldorf. I love the rhythms, the way the Waldorf teachers are taught to really know each child and personality. I love to learn of brain development and such. True I don't know much yet but I love to learn. My personality is like all or nothing. When I love something I get obsessed with it. I'm trying to work on that since everything isnt black and white. I do have that book but haven't read it yet. Right now I'm reading Over the Rainbow Bridge and Heaven on Earth. That will be my next book though. 😢

1 - 5 of 5 Posts