Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,<br><br>
I am going to be moving back to the Chicago area after being away for 3 years (yahooo). I looked for lots of apartments when I lived there before, but now with two babes who will be toddlers, my requirements are a bit different.<br><br>
Any suggestions on 2-3 bedroom buildings that are not walkups (I'll have two toddlers and my back can't handle the stairs)? I'm thinking a vintage building with an elevator is what we need and I've found a few online, but it's just not the same as being there. Also would like a pork, and food shopping within walking distance and ideally a library too.<br><br>
We're looking at north side of Chicago up to Evanston if anyone happens to know of any great places offhand???<br><br>
Thanks for you thoughts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a very large vintage apartment in Evanston which is 4 blocks from the lake and in the midst of many parks. I am on the third floor of a 3 flat but you would be hard pressed to find a vintage building(even condos) with elevators. As far as child friendly goes I think my building rates well. Although if children are screaming and running all the time then no building is exactly "friendly". Rent is around fifteen hundred a month. If you need more information let me know.

·
Registered
794 Posts
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>LittleYellow</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">Hi,<br><br>
I am going to be moving back to the Chicago area after being away for 3 years (yahooo). I looked for lots of apartments when I lived there before, but now with two babes who will be toddlers, my requirements are a bit different.<br><br>
Any suggestions on 2-3 bedroom buildings that are not walkups (I'll have two toddlers and my back can't handle the stairs)? I'm thinking a vintage building with an elevator is what we need and I've found a few online, but it's just not the same as being there. Also would like a pork, and food shopping within walking distance and ideally a library too.<br><br>
We're looking at north side of Chicago up to Evanston if anyone happens to know of any great places offhand???<br><br>
Thanks for you thoughts.</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
I live in a beautiful vintage building in Evanston, but we are close enough to the city that I am able to attend many mommy activities there. Anyway, I do think it will be hard to find a vintage building with an elevator. I live on the "first floor", but there's one set of stairs to get to my large 2 bedroom apartment. Maybe you could look into "garden level" apartments?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts