·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DS "Mom, help me. We have to dig through the earth until we get to china."<br>
Me: "They will be surprised to see us."<br>
DS "But then we will get sand on their heads when we dig through."<br>
Me "We will get sand on their feet."<br>
DS "No, actually we can't dig all the way through at all! You know why? Because the middle of the earth is filled with lava and fire and then we will get burned and die!"<br><br>
I'd love to hear other, completely logical, explanations and stories.

·
Registered
20 Posts
When my son was younger, about 2, he did not understand what "Go to sleep" meant. Because "go" usually means actually leaving and going to a different place, he was really confused. Even when I explained it to him, he didn't get it. I thought it was cute, and very smart of him.

·
Premium Member
12,445 Posts
Our dd is convinced that Sacagawea is the tooth fairy because her picture is on the dollar coins that the tooth fairy gives out. I didn't find this out until she asked why the tooth fairy had a baby with her.<br><br>
Dd is also convinced that when it gets hot, you need to put on sunscreen. Not matter if it's not sunny, apparently sunscreen protects you from heat too! I can see where the connection came from, but in the three years that she's been saying this, I still haven't managed to get through to her.

·
Registered
635 Posts
When my son was about 4 we were in the car and rode by our local funeral home. He looked over and said "There's heaven." I was totally confused until he explained- he knew when you died you went to heaven, and that all the dead people he had ever seen were at the funeral home. He put 2 and 2 together and decided that the funeral home must be heaven.<br><br>
He is 21 now, and that is one of my favorite stories about him.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts