Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, Are there any forums you guys know about that particularly are for parents of children conceived with anonymous donor sperm and the particular issues that may come up with that? It doesn't matter to me if it is a straight or non straight (?) forum, I am just looking for a place where people can discuss not the conception, but the parenting of children conceived via anonymous donor sperm and the particular issues and feelings around that, thanks for any leads on this.

·
Premium Member
4,770 Posts
Hello @Evelynflower. We may discuss those issues in this forum from time to time. I have also seen groups on Facebook. There is one I saw that includes children conceived from donor sperm, but it sounds like that is not what you are looking for. You may also want to check with the Donor Sibling Registry to see if they have a community forum.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm interested in this, too. Specifically about donors who can't be contacted later. I've been warned that my child might want to find out who their biological father is and, while the prickly side of me hates the idea that my kid won't consider my spouse and I their only real parents, I'm willing to recognize that it could come up and I'll need a plan.

If you find any good resources let me know and I'll do the same :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I found the Donor Conceived Tumblr account to be a really valuable resource. It's run by someone who was donor conceived, and they reblog a lot of other personal accounts from donor-conceived teens and adults. They also answer questions from people who are contemplating increasing their family using anonymous or ID-release donors: http://donorconceived.tumblr.com/

·
Registered
9 Posts
I belong to the Donor Sibling Registry's facebook group. We cover all angles of being a parent of a donor conceived child. There are also adult donor conceived and donors in the group, but it appears to mostly be parents.
Our 8 year old is curious about her donor, but she's far more interested in siblings, of which we have contact with 5. We chose an identity release donor, so our child wouldn't have a big question mark hanging over her forever.
A note about anonymous donors... It is a little unrealistic for anyone to expect to remain anonymous. DNA tests (23andme, ancestrydna and familytreedna, plus gedmatch) are being used to find donors and bio parents all the time.

Reactions: pokeyac
1 - 5 of 5 Posts