Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, kinda worried here. My daughter has a small white spot on the rim of her cornea (I think that's what it is). Ok, her eyes are brown and I know the iris is the black part in the middle. The spot is on the brown of her eye right on the rim. I had not noticed it before yesterday and she has been complaining of headaches as well.<br><br>
She does have glasses which she has not been wearing so I attribute the headaches to that. But this white spot is really concerning me. The eye doctor is not in until Monday so I will be agonizing over this all weekend.<br><br>
Anyone else ever experience this?

·
Registered
642 Posts
white spots on the iris can be normal in children, they are called brushfield's spots. They are more numerous in Down's syndrom and a few othger genetic disorders. google it and see if you find a picture to compare it with what you are seeing.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Actually, the black in the middle is the pupil, the brown color of her eye is the iris. The cornea is the white part all around your eye.<br><br>
Google "iridology" and look up the area of the eye to the corresponding body part. According to iridology, White indicates an area of the body working hard to "maintain."

·
Registered
8,864 Posts
My 6yo has one. Hers is partly on the iris and partly on the white spot(i thought the cornea was the thin layer that covers the pupil and iris). She has had hers since she was 7months old. Somehow she got a small sliver of metal in her eye and the white spot is the scar from it. It is not as noticeable as it used to be. We do not know how the metal got there, she woke up from her nap with it. Eye dr says that since it is not near the pupil that it will not affect her vision.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you everyone for the replies. I'm wondering if it's not some piece of foreign object. I am trying to get her in with my eye doctor next week but I am not sure yet if he sees kids. Office won't open up till Monday. I will give everyone an update after the visit. Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts