Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ack!

I just got a message from the birth center that the childbirth refresher course we signed up for has been postponed until October 21- It was supposed to be October 6. I am due November 5 and have been having a TON of BHs and crampies lately. I'll be 38 weeks on Oct. 21... Is that cutting it too close? I found a Birthing from Within class that I might be able to get into (it's full but I can see about a waiting list) that starts this Monday and goes for 4 weeks- But DH would miss two of the 4 classes because he'll be out of town. IIRC from reading Birthing from Within, the birth partner really needs to be at all of the classes.

So I guess we just wait until October 21 and hope for the best? Dh really needs this refresher- He's been promising to "do some reading" but he really needs to "hear" information to process it- I don't think reading about laboring positions and normal stages of labor will really stick for him, and I don't think he'll remember much from our classes 3 years ago. I know I need the in-person ideas, too. Ack!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The hospital has one on October 26- that's the only one I could find.

Are there any good videos out there that go through basic natural birth stuff? Positions, a basic overview of the stages, etc?

ETA: If they'd told me this a week ago instead of a week before the class was scheduled, I could have made the September session at the hospital. I'm kinda annoyed

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I really like this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Childb...1030711&sr=1-1

Its technically a Bradley book (I don't know if you like Bradley or not), but its really just a review of labor stage-by-stage with tips and pictures for different positions, relaxation methods, etc. Very practical and helpful.

Also, did you look into whether private Bradley/Hypnobirthing/Birthing from Within instructors offer refresher courses? I know my Bradley teacher does them on-demand for individual couples all the time. It might be worth looking in to.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Ahh, I feel for you. THe only refresher course we would have taken was Sept 15th and of course, we were super busy with something that weekend. DH seems to think that since we've done it once before, and since I completed my doula training in May of this year, it'll be just fine... just fine...

I hesitate to remind him that he nearly passed out last time and had to spend quite a bit of time lying down in the hallway. And he certainly isn't going to read a book either.

Can you at least sign up for the class and just not go if you find another one or another way to get DH to remember what birth is like?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.