Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For me, luckily, this is hypothetical.

My youngest started school this year. She wanted to go, and seems happy :) I am glad she has the choice to be homeschooled or attend school.

I cannot imagine living in a place where she couldn't go to school if she wanted to because we made the informed choice not vaccinate.

I wonder how she would feel - being told she could not go to school because her parents would not agree to let the government shoot her up with goodness knows how many vaccines?

She could be resentful towards me, but I doubt it. I think it is more likely that she will think a system that insists someone use numerous prophylactic pharmaceutical products in order to attend school is messed up. I think it might breed resentment alright - but towards the system. (As an aside - don't we spend much of grade 7 and 8 telling kids they should not do drugs just because someone else says to? Mandates contradict this sage advice)

Likewise, can you imagine how your children would feel if they were yanked from a school they enjoyed because of mandates? Shudder.

I can see kids (assuming a certain age, of course...but kids are in school til 18) either resenting the parents or resenting the system...but either way, that is what mandates will breed in children: resentment.

·
Registered
18,830 Posts
Very sad that this is a hovering threat for hundreds of thousands of children across the US.

Having lived back in the terrible old days when we had childhood illnesses running rampant...I can't believe the amount of fearmongering going on.

·
Registered
14 Posts
For me, luckily, this is hypothetical.

My youngest started school this year. She wanted to go, and seems happy :) I am glad she has the choice to be homeschooled or attend school.

I cannot imagine living in a place where she couldn't go to school if she wanted to because we made the informed choice not vaccinate.

I wonder how she would feel - being told she could not go to school because her parents would not agree to let the government shoot her up with goodness knows how many vaccines?

She could be resentful towards me, but I doubt it. I think it is more likely that she will think a system that insists someone use numerous prophylactic pharmaceutical products in order to attend school is messed up. I think it might breed resentment alright - but towards the system. (As an aside - don't we spend much of grade 7 and 8 telling kids they should not do drugs just because someone else says to? Mandates contradict this sage advice)

Likewise, can you imagine how your children would feel if they were yanked from a school they enjoyed because of mandates? Shudder.

I can see kids (assuming a certain age, of course...but kids are in school til 18) either resenting the parents or resenting the system...but either way, that is what mandates will breed in children: resentment.
you raised a good point regarding the anti-drug campaign the government promulgate.

i believe that if your child would have an open mind, and most likely he will as he won't be indoctrinated at school, he will understand your choices. let him see both side of the coin - the government argument of "herd immunity" and other shit, and your own research regarding vaccination. ask him his point of view too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts