Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
OMG! How stupid can you be? Why would someone do that?! "Because they wanted to ride back there"?!?!?! Ugh. So irresponsible.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
wow where was her common sense. if we let our kids do everything they "wanted" to do they would live on chocolate sauce and jujubees..wear nothing but mommy's heels and a spaghetti strainer on there head and hit things with the broom all day..well my child would anyway...

·
Banned
211 Posts
OMG i am appauled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can not belive someone would let their kids or anyone elses in the trunk of a car. I am glad she will be charged. Bad decision, well yes but more stupidity i think than anything else. I wonder how many times she did this? My god what would have happened had she gotten rear ended or something??

Also why was the toddler not in a car seat? At 3 shouldn't that baby be in a seat??

My hubby is a cop & you should here some of the things he tells me he sees. people really do not use their brains, it is sad when you think of what the outcome could have been for those kids.

i hope the other mom of the 8yr old presses charges as well.

·
Banned
628 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaxmama
wow where was her common sense. if we let our kids do everything they "wanted" to do they would live on chocolate sauce and jujubees..wear nothing but mommy's heels and a spaghetti strainer on there head and hit things with the broom all day..well my child would anyway...

A couple of years ago a mother in this area was hit and killed when she stopped on a very busy freeway to get potato chips out of the trunk of the car for her child. This was a REALLY busy mix-master (where several freeways intersect with the aid of bridges), and it was just mind boggling that anyone would stop and get out of their car there for POTATO CHIPS.

Can you imagine the horror that child must have experienced? I wonder if she'll have a lot of guilt and anguish when she grows up.

·
Registered
13,153 Posts
Did the cop let her dirve away then, with the toddler not in a car seat?

"They wanted to ride back there." Yeah sure. What toddler wouldn't want to ride in a closed dark trunk on a 90 degree day with trunk grit adhering to her sweat?

Sometimes when I drive around I look at the other vehicles and know how stupid so many of the drivers must be, manipulating a ton of metal and combustibles around at high speed....

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I don't even know what to say about this. I am disgusted. How could that police officer control himself!? I think I would have given a kick in the arse, and I am NOT a violent person at all!
:
:

Jenn (usually very calm natured)

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
It is just sad. I guess most people don't realize that the trunk is the most deadly and dangerous place to be in a car. Had she been rear ended, not even at high speed, those children would be seriously injured if not dead. Not to mention the heat and lack of air with THREE children back there. What an Fing idiot. I really hope she is charged. If I was the mother of that third child I would being taking her but to court, press charges, then to civial court for the pain and suffereing my child surely went through.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.