Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi mama....I'm a hamster mama too. Just moved back to B'ham in April from Albuquerque. I lived in B'ham for 9 years before that. My son is almost 14 months. Haven't been to LLL meeting yet/before. I went to one mom's group meeting and I guess it made me feel a bit of an outsider. Well "it" didn't make me feel that way, I am in charge of my feelings (most of the time) but I guess I just didn't click with any of the moms there. None of my B'ham friends have kiddos yet either. I work part time now...normally a teacher, but doing something different these days. My husband works with high risk teen boys on an island so I am a single mama part of the week (he stays over night on the island). Being in the woods or at the water is my sanctuary. My dream is to get a group of mamas and kids together and do something creative and messy...like fingerpainting! I think that's enough about me....any other hamsters out there? We should meet up at Whatcom Falls Park or someplace!
<--- this cracks me up

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I'm not there any more, but I LOVED Bellingham when DH and I were in college at Western. I'm so jealous - I'd love to move back there! We're further south (in Lake Stevens) now, and I miss it up there. It's SO beautiful....

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So . . . Ive lived in Granite Falls too (near Lake Stevens); and lots of other places in Washington. Bellingham is by far my fav. Last time I visited GF they had a small Japaneese resturant there. I was good but I was shocked that it was there. GF just reminds me of corn beef hash and chicken fried steak. Lots of trucker food.
GF also has the coolest dojo hiding in the woods.

Mom2Kate: If your interested in taking Martal Arts for yourself or your kids you need to check it out! Aikido!!! It is a very peaceful form of martial arts almost like dancing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.