Mothering Forum banner

What type of Chinese prefolds do you prefer?

• Bleached

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Unbleached

Votes: 26 78.8%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What type of prefolds do you prefer? I never really thought about this until recently when someone told me that the white ones were bleached with real bleach. Just wondering what everyones preference is?

·
Registered
845 Posts
I have always used bleached. I borrowed some unbleached from a friend once and they were so floppy that I couldn't get a good fit with my Snappi.

My infant prefolds were given to me used, and they are incredibly soft, but they still have enough crispness that they hold a fold well. (For the record, they are Babies Textiles, not CPFs.)

There's just something so nice about a bright white diaper to me. I guess it's vanity? I just love bright whites.

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Midnightowl
(For the record, they are Babies Textiles, not CPFs.)

There's just something so nice about a bright white diaper to me. I guess it's vanity? I just love bright whites.
I think I like the white better too!
Is there any difference between a CPF and a Baby Textile? I thought it was the same thing. Duh!

·
Registered
13,016 Posts
Chinese Prefolds are imported by Green Earth Textiles. Yes, there is a difference. And 'difference' doesn't necessarily make one better than the other - I am just saying there is a difference. The Chinese Cotton has a different feel. They 'wear' differently over time. They are of Diaper Service Quality just like most prefolds on the market now. They have a different staple length, weave and finish.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I use bleached ones b/c when I first started diapering the thought of having to wash BRAND NEW diapers 6+ times was overwhelming!!! Plus, why would I want them to look dingy to begin with
(ok, that was my thinking then, not now)

for my next child, I will probably order some unbleached infant prefolds to see how I like them.

Rachel

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
I have always like the unbleached better but now that I now they use chlorine bleach to whiten them I'm glad I choose unbleached. Oh, and the unbleached get pretty darn white after a few months in the sun anyway, with less wear to start with.
Debi

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.