Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
RFIDs make me angry. Poor little sales girls at Old Navy don't understand why I make them cut the tags out of the clothing.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Wow. Just wow. I know that there has to be a trial for all new technology. I just wouldn't want to be one of the participants in this. For one thing, the chip is going to be useless if the patient is at a facility that isn't equiped for that system. Then there's the whole it's creepy thing.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Forgive me in advance if this is a dumb question but...

What about just wearing one of those necklaces or bracelets that have your medical information on it? I'm sure you've seen them. They list allergies and other pertinant information. If you want to leave a number for a database on it, fine. While you're less likely to lose an implanted data chip, this seems like going a bit over the top. Does that make sense?

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
I will not be chipped. My children will not be chipped. The chipping is beyond creepy to me.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SaraFR
Forgive me in advance if this is a dumb question but...

What about just wearing one of those necklaces or bracelets that have your medical information on it? I'm sure you've seen them. They list allergies and other pertinant information. If you want to leave a number for a database on it, fine. While you're less likely to lose an implanted data chip, this seems like going a bit over the top. Does that make sense?
You're right,that would be a less invasive solution. I'm sure the companies that will be marketing the implant will argue that the bracelets could be lost,etc.

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kewb
I will not be chipped. My children will not be chipped. The chipping is beyond creepy to me.
There may come a day when we won't have that choice.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by prettypaws
You're right,that would be a less invasive solution. I'm sure the companies that will be marketing the implant will argue that the bracelets could be lost,etc.
I don't know. I'd much rather own three bracelets (two as spares) and put them on in a way that they can't easy fall off than to implant a chip.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I'm sure many will choose to not be chipped. If the government mandates it I'm sure many of these will choose to accept whatever penalty that may entail.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by prettypaws
I'm sure many will choose to not be chipped. If the government mandates it I'm sure many of these will choose to accept whatever penalty that may entail.
A good friend of mine is convinced that the "chip" will be the equivalent of the Mark of the Beast. That one will have to have the "Mark" in order to, effectively, function in society.

http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,70308-0.html

Personally, I love the concept of waving my hand over a checkout without digging out my Visa and ID, and the medical record linkup. But the idea of my movements and purchases and everything I do being tracked? Hell, no!
:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.